How young to worm?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by dosthouhavemilk, Jan 21, 2005.

1. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

How young is too young for worming kids? I was going to pick up some Panecur (still works in our area) tomorrow for the does and the bucks. We have ten kids out of five does on the ground. Five born Dec. 29th, 2004. One born Jan. 4th, 2005 (can't believe she only had one, and he was breech too). Four born on Jan 7th, 2005. Are any of these old enough to be wormed? Are there age restrictions with Panecur? I have a couple of does due in the next couple of weeks as well and was going to worm them. We hadn't wormed any of them until two years ago when we lost two kids and a yearling doe to worm overload. It had never been as wet as that ever either.

Thanks!

2. cdathey

cdathey Member

I found this. It may be helpful to you :)

http://fiascofarm.com/goats/vac-schedule.htm

Also you might want to call a livestock vet in your area. Around here they aren't very helpful when it comes to goats but they may be in your area

3. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

I am picking it up at the local vet's office. It is our farm vet and so they would know, but I thought I would ask you all as well. There are quite a few goats in this area and they seem to be more knowledgeable than most I hear about but I like to ask people in the business as well.

Thanks for the link. :)