How to white wash a goat?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goat Freak, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Hi everybody. We want to sell one of our bucks, and the only problem is is that he is REALLY filthy, he is a percentage boer, traditional, and he is almost completly yellow/brown from wallowing in his pee, and peeing on himself. He is out in a very large pasture, so we have NO idea how he got so dirty. Well before we sell him, my mother would like to make him more presentable. So does anyone have any idea how to get him at least mostly white again. By the way, we have tried giving him baths, scrubbing, scrapping, you name it and it does NOT work. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance. Bye.

2. Starsmom

Starsmom Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you have it there or not, but I buy a product called AWESOME. We get it at the Only $1 Store. It is a household cleaner, but it works great for bathing animals that are white. I have used it on my paint horses and I also use it on my goats. I know there are products that are sold to bathe white horses and animals in to brighten the white, but they are expensive. Just don't use bleach.

3. chma4

chma4 Wolverton Family Farm Supporter

I agree, use a blueing agent, it works great on dogs! It is blue shampoo sort of, let it sit on him for a bit, 10 mins. when you rinse the blue, boy will he be bright white!

4. GoatsRus

GoatsRus TMESIS

Just a word to the wise, the blueing works great on whites (use it all the time on laundry), but make sure you use ONLY the specified amount other wise your goat will have a ting of blue to him :rolleyes:

5. chma4

chma4 Wolverton Family Farm Supporter

Never had that happen! Wow, I guess you would need to use ALOT!!!

6. redcedarfarm

redcedarfarm Active Member

You can get the blue dog shampoo in the pet aisle at Wal-Mart for $3.00 it is a Hartz brand dog shampoo. I have great luck with it on my show goats. Good Luck,
    Dawn

7. Goat Freak

Thank you everybody, we need to get him cleaned ASAP, we are selling him and would not want to give ANYBODY a stinky goat. Thak you, I will defintly try all that you have suggested. Thank you SOOOO much. Well gotta go.

8. okiemom

okiemom Well-Known Member

where do you buy blueing? I don't think I've ever seen it. i know I've heard of it I just don't know where to get it in Oklahoma. thanks Katharine

9. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...never use bleach...I have a friend who had her 2 shih tzu dogs in the woods for 2 and a half months...they were permanently muddied up and they stank to high heaven...she bathed them a few times in regular shampoo and trimmed all their hair but they still smelled and were "stained." Finally, she used a tbsp. of bleach in the bath. It did the trick and also killed the fleas left by the flea stuff she used! Not that I am recommending it or would use it on my dogs, but it didn't seem to hurt the dog, at least not in that amount.
    Blessings, Jillis

10. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

You can get the blueing in the grocery store, laundry isle, up by the 3 Mule Team Borax, etc..

11. Goat Freak

Thamks everybody for the advice, I REALLY appreciate it. Well gotta go, see ya, bye.