We bought a small herd of cows this last spring. Some cows had calves at their side, bred back, most of them have been calving since Sept. Still have one cow left to calve in December! We have not bred any of the cows back as we would like to wait and put the bull in the pasture next June so that we will have all spring calves. Now we are wondering if that is ok...or are we going to have trouble getting those cows bred after keeping them open that length of time. A couple of these were 1st time calving heifers that had their calves with no problems and are doing a fine job of raising them. We would just really like to get all these cows calving closer together and we would prefer spring weather and summer pastures for feeding. We're VERY new at the cow business....what do some of you ole time cattle raisers think? Are we making a huge mistake? We just don't know any other way to get them from fall to spring calving.