How to sell ram's head with 4 horns?

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by churchwidow, Oct 16, 2004.

1. churchwidow

churchwidow Member

I have a ram I need to eradicate because he's been cohabitating with a small herd of goats with CL. :waa: I do not know his breed; I tried looking it up and I think he must be a mix, possibily of Manx Loaghtan and Balwen Welsh Mountain, but that's just my guess. His horns are just like the Manx Loaghtan, but the ewe he came to me with is more like a Balwen Welsh Mountain, and he shares some of her features. He is a hair breed. Mostly black, with hair/wool that turns brown as it matures and begins to fall off. In summer he is sleek and black.

He has 4 horns (slightly curved like the Manx Loaghtan as opposed to "curly" horns), and I've heard that his head might be valuable. I would like to recoup some of my investment in my little herd since I have to eradicate them all, and I was hoping his head might be just the ticket.

How in the world do I go about finding a buyer for his head???

Thanks,
    Mary A.

2. YuccaFlatsRanch

YuccaFlatsRanch Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you planning on having it ounted or just taking it down to the skull and horns.

i'd advertise it on Ebay.

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Assuming you're in the USA I wonder if either breed ever made it to America. Check out Jacob sheep which are more common. Where to sell a head! No better suggestion than E bay but why don't you just get him tested for CL? I doubt casual contact is going to infect him.