How to post pics....

Discussion in 'Computer Questions' started by Kung, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Kung

Kung Administrator Staff Member Supporter

You will need 3 things:

- A connection to the internet. If you don't have this, well...then you're probably not posting here. ;)
    - A picture (duh)
    - An online hosting websites. I personally prefer Photobucket, but there are other good sites, such as Snapfish or Flickr

The website itself will give you directions on uploading pictures. Once uploaded, the good websites (such as Photobucket) will even give you the link that you need to post here. (If they do NOT, all you should have to do is surf to the picture you just uploaded, right-click on it and select "Properties", and then highlight the "Location (URL)" (under IE) or "Location" (under image properties) (under Firefox). Once it's highlighted, right-click on it and select "Copy.")

Once you have the location (it'll look something like http://www.blah.com/blah/blah.jpg), you will come here, and in the actual post where you want to show the picture, you will type the following:

[ img]put your link here[/ img]

You will need to remove the space before each 'img' word - I put the spaces there so that the website doesn't accidentally interpret it as an actual image.

Hopefully this clarifies things. If you still need help, please feel free to ask. :)

prairiebird likes this.
  2. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

3. HermitJohn

If you want to shrink pics for use as avatars but dont have software to do it, here is one option. Try this site http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ Use the custom option and set maximum px size to 50. I tried it and it works fine. That means if you are shrinking a non-square pic, the longest dimension will then be 50 px. The largest avatar allowed on HT is 50x50.

4. Kung

Kung Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Thanks for the posts, HJ. I didn't know she had a picture tutorial. :goodjob: I think that www.resizr.com also does the same thing.

5. Teresa S.

Teresa S. Well-Known Member

She did a good job on that tutorial!

6. hunter gatherer

hunter gatherer Well-Known Member

When I follow the instructions for posting a picture, all I end up posting is a link to the picture. How does one insert a photo into the body of their post?

I clicked on "insert Image" and while this did bring up a promising looking box with the space to type an a link, I wasn't able to paste the link into this box. The link is entirely too long to type. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

7. FiddleKat

FiddleKat Mother,Artist, Author Supporter

I was going to ask the same question hunter gatherer. I do have photobucket, but always end up with the link. But wanted to know how to actually paste the pic into the body of the post.
    Thanks!

8. HermitJohn

once you have a link to your photo, to insert it, you put a "[​IMG]" end of the link. Without the quotation marks of course.

9. crafty2002

crafty2002 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this site. I am trying to learn how to post pictures and typeing also, so maybe my wife can figure it out. I sure as the dickens can't, lol.

10. crafty2002

crafty2002 Well-Known Member

i just had some pictures put on a disc at walmart. when i try to email them it says that i need to send them using outlook express. when i hit send it is saying that i need to use peoplepc. i don't have peoplepc as my internet provider. gamewood is my provider. email is with yahoo. walmart does not use kodak. i have kodak pictures on my computer. i need to know how to get the pictures from walmart to my email so that the pictures can be sent. or, is there a way i can get them into kodak. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

11. paintlady

paintlady Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great directions! I was able to post a picture with photobucket..

12. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

13. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

ok, just testing

14. SILEIGH

SILEIGH Well-Known Member

15. majic99

majic99 Well-Known Member

16. majic99

majic99 Well-Known Member

test