How to Mark Kids Clothes for Camp?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by BJ, Jun 25, 2006.

1. BJ

BJ Well-Known Member

For those of you who have children and must write their name on theirs clothes for camp or school athletics....what do you use to write on dark clothes? There are black laundry markers...but can't find white in permanent ink.

2. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

You can buy lables with names one them. try walmart< joAnn's or other sewing place.. An Art supply store ( Micheal's ?)will have perm.white markers.

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

If you have any type of sewing stuff. Go get the laundry marking pen with white twill tape. Write the name on the tape and sew in the tape with name.

Angie

(I cheated and sewed the name in with a machine that does lettering).

4. x_xbirdie

x_xbirdie Well-Known Member

My mom always (even on light colored clothes) sewed several tags with my name on them, because I had a tendancy to rip them off becuase I didn't like the way they felt. He best spot ever was on the left sleeve.

5. RachAnn in NW Okla

RachAnn in NW Okla Well-Known Member

You could try a white, grey, or silver....

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/215152-AA.shtml

Sharpie makes some light colored markers....I think it was sharpie that makes the gold and silver that I bought for gifts at Christmastime.......the silver worked well on dark fabric (I bought them at WalMart....but beware I also got some WASHABLE SHARPIES on accident--talk about an oxymoron...when I think of Sharpie I think permanent!!!)

Rachel