Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this must have been addressed before but I do not watch the forum everyday. What could I add to the water to stop that green buildup on the water bottles or containers?

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Theresa Lipe said:
I am sure this must have been addressed before but I do not watch the forum everyday. What could I add to the water to stop that green buildup on the water bottles or containers?
A bit of apple cider vinegar in the water may help slow it down and many believe it is good for the rabbits, but there is no substitute, as far as I know, for scrubbing them regularly. If you are using water bottles, get a good bottle brush for the bottles and one of those skinny coffee perk brushes for the tube.

·
Registered
125 Posts
all of ours were a li green yesterday. we remove the nipples, empty the water, both go into a cooler fill the cooler and add some bleach. let them sit for about 30 min, rinse and refill. repeat when the green appears again.

rm

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Keep the bottles out of the sun. Direct sunlight really makes it grow. Also, you could use chlorinated water in the bottles. That's not a cure all, but it would help.

Jennifer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts