Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've not tried this yet but this guy has a few videos I find interesting.

In the long-term though she needs worked with. Maybe some really small enclosure that she can retreat to and you can follow and pet on her and such.

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
The way I deal with "all" my goats, even the most flighty ones, is to entice them (with their friends) into a small enclosure. Then I let the friends out and sit down in there with what I know to be her favorite munchy (a pan of grain around here). It takes awhile so patience is a must; however, it does work. Remembering quite a few years back my most flighty goat would even try to bite me at first. Still my patience (and extreme kindness in handling her) created one of my most beloved "pets".

·
STILL not Alice
20,136 Posts
Ginger Snap cookies.
I would be very manageable with a fistful of ginger snap cookies. Especially if they came with some lovely mascarpone!

Reactions: altair

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's been a while since Ive had internet access. So far Ive made a little progress but not much. The three that were flighty are still very flighty, but they come when I call and will hang around within grabbing reach. Thats more progress than I was expecting to make, these goats have wild in their blood and Im fairly sure the previous owner was keeping them open range with no contact except to round em up to sell em.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts