Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Saltine American
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you stink?

As an average, I would say I shower about every 1.75 days. On days I don't get sweaty, I may skip a shower, but there have been days that I might shower two or more times a day. Those would be the summer days that I work up a sweat working outside more than one time a day. Like getting soaking wet with sweat in the morning, showering and showering again after an active evening outside.

I sleep better if I shower off the sweat.

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Every night before bed, in the summer. In the winter depends on if the house has cooled down by the time I go to bed. I don't like to get a chill. I never stink, I smell like hay, manure, horses, and mules. Sometimes I smell like lumber, or saw dust, but I never stink.

·
newfieannie
10,192 Posts
every night before bed and next morning if i'm going out shopping like today. for me it's baths. i never shower. tried it a couple times but feel like i'm smothering. it was only a couple days ago my son was telling me i take too many baths. something he was listening to on tv one night. no need of it he said. course i wont listen to that ~Georgia

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Minimum twice per day. Three times today because I broke out sweating on an awning and scaffolding painting too high for my comfort level ... The second shower was at the office...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Every night before bed, in the summer. In the winter depends on if the house has cooled down by the time I go to bed. I don't like to get a chill. I never stink, I smell like hay, manure, horses, and mules. Sometimes I smell like lumber, or saw dust, but I never stink.
Those are some real expensive aromas to obtain on oneself. Hate to waste and wash off the side affects of spending that cash.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
every night before bed and next morning if i'm going out shopping like today. for me it's baths. i never shower. tried it a couple times but feel like i'm smothering. it was only a couple days ago my son was telling me i take too many baths. something he was listening to on tv one night. no need of it he said. course i wont listen to that ~Georgia
I shower and also hve bath tub. don't use it much. Winter most times once a day in the morning. Spring, Summer , Fall twie a day.

·
STILL not Alice
21,679 Posts
Usually every day, but I'll skip a day or so if I've not exerted myself or if I'm just plain worn out.

·
Super Moderator
13,974 Posts
Posted 11/25/21 6:49 P.M. CST

As she and I have two houses, see each other at least every other day and at home my dogs share my bed unless she is sleeping here and I have flipped the mattress and put real sheets on it after a Febreze spray and stored the usual pet cover and sleeping bags, I "navy shower" in the morning , after a day working and sweating and before our time together or going to see a doctor.

If really sweaty work days I may shower at lunch also.

The only time I change my shower schedule is if spending a few days at home alone doing non sweat chores with my mattress in dog share mode and then I sink bathe in the morning and night to keep any dog smell on me to a minimum since one dog likes to sleep close and my most recent rescue pit bull snakes her way into my sleeping bag to be even closer.

I'm glad that she is only about 40 pounds and my sleeping bag a large one and in winter she makes a nice bed warmer with her older bigger sister sleeping against my bag too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts