How Much Would You Pay For Land In WV?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by ChiliPalmer, Sep 24, 2005.

1. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Well-Known Member

I'm checking the price on this as it seems a little high. It's thirteen acres in northern WV, some flat land and some hilly, some cleared and some wooded (can't get the realtor on the phone to ask specific acreages on each, pictures look to be 40%-60% split between flat cleared and hilly wooded), unfenced and with an old stock pond. No outbuildings. Four-season hardtop road. Utilities very nearby but not on the property themselves.

Similar properties in that area - from the same realtor - are selling for $1200 to $2000 per acre. They want just over $2700 per acre. What do y'all think? Is this priced a little high or just right?

2. 1/4acre

1/4acre Well-Known Member

Depends on how much you want it. Land or anything else is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.JMHO

3. LOCKHA885

LOCKHA885 Active Member

I live in WV, and we know of a small two acre piece of land that is level, and has it's own water source with all other utilities available, it is for sale for $10,000.00.
    I know of some folks who are interested in it, but think it is too expensive. I personally believe that it is just a matter of what you want and how much you want it, and if you can afford it.
    It is close to a major highway, with a school within one half mile, good location as far as I am concerned and if we were younger, I would buy it in a New York minute. I lived on it for about 11 years and liked it very well, but moved to the property we live on now, because it is bigger than that was, and our horse have more room to run here.
    JMHO also.
    Sharon

4. tammy from wv

tammy from wv Well-Known Member

You will find in WV that what you pay depends upon what area you are looking in. If you are looking in the Morgantown area that is probably cheap whereas in some of the more rural areas you could find a much better deal than that. We live in Preston Co. and even there depending upon where you are looking prices vary tremendously. There are great deals out there to be found though. What area are you looking in?

5. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

if you have cheap land in north WV, Pm me... I'm an hour away, and in the market for something tempting.