How much to ask for radishes???

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by superduperchickenman, Mar 16, 2005.

1. superduperchickenman

superduperchickenman Well-Known Member

2. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

Local produce store is selling them $.89 a lb. with or without the greens, Bundled with greens attached and loose to bag yourself. Since I have no use for the greens and therefor don't wish to pay for the weight, I bag the loose radishes myself for the same price. Supermarket down the road has bagged (no greens) radishes for $.99 (pretty much 14 to 16 ozs.)

3. diane

diane Well-Known Member

Since your profile doesn't give me a clue as to where you are......I don't have a clue. Price by zone is very relative. When I am making pricing decisions I check the local grocery stores, and the organic store and price accordingly and according to the competition.

4. Melissa

Melissa member

I would put an amount in a bag that I think would be worth a dollar. People at Farmer's Markets, etc... like things that are priced in dollar increments. How many you place in the bag depends on supply and demand.

5. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Until you get some.

6. superduperchickenman

superduperchickenman Well-Known Member

I sold them all. :)

I placed 8 ounces in a sack and sold out at $1.00 each.

Thanks for the help guys, I had no clue because the local grocer had none, I try to stay up with him.... but of course, homestead veggies are best! :)