Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
STILL not Alice
20,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of the other posts got me to wondering how many folks here have family in the military?

I know that some of us talk about it in PM, but I haven't really seen a roll call (as it were).

My DD is in the Air Force. She's coming home for a week long (short!) leave, then heading off to her next phase of tech.

Pony!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Retired AF here.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
My FIL is retired AF and my brother will retire from the AL National Guard in October. He served a year in Mozul, Iraq two years ago. He has 25 years in the Guard. I also have an uncle who is retired AF.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Our oldest grandson is in training in Wisconsin to be deployed for his second tour of Iraq. Our son and one son-in-law are in the Mississippi Guard. Both of them have served tours in Iraq. Son-in-law was saying that his unit may be activated again just any time. All three of my guys are Army.

Pony, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter. Give her hugs from us.

Jan

·
newfieannie
9,915 Posts
Not sure if this counts but my second husband was Second World war.he started off on the Nelson. Navy. sometimes I heard so much about it I thought I was livin through it. His father was First World War. i still have some of his stuff.canteen etc. etc......Georgia.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
There are many of my family that were/are Armed Forces...Mostly army! Dad(33yrs), brother(20yrs),sister (21yrs), 7 (all career)uncles, 6 (4 career) cousins, two cousins(career-navy), 2 uncles(career- AF). DH's brother was killed in V. QB

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Got a TSgt son in the Air Force and a nephew in the Army reserve. DH was a Marine way back when as were his dad and mom.
Karen in NE Indiana

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,192 Posts
My father was a SeaBee on Iwo Jima. My maternal grandfather was in the Army in Africa in WW I. My husband was a kiddie cruiser in the Navy.

My younger son is currently a Lt. in the Navy. He's a helo pilot and has been to Kuwait and Iraq. He is currently TAD at Millington while his son is being treated for cancer at St. Jude in Memphis.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
DH is retired USAF

DS - 19 is USAF ROTC

DD 17 - is Army National Guard and at Boot Camp now

DD 15 - plans on USAF ROTC and is at a Civil Air Patrol encampment now

The grandparents served in the US Army.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Grandpa was Army during WWII, an uncle was in the Navy in the late 60s/early 70s, another uncle was in the Navy in the 70s, my ex-husband was Navy from '85 to '95, my current hubby was Air Force from '94 to '98, my FIL was in the Army in the 70s, and my cousin has been in the Army for about 5 years now and done 2 tours in Iraq already.

·
Registered
567 Posts
DS1 is in Ramadi, Iraq with the Army, and DS2 just honorably discharged from the Army after 3 yrs.

Prayers for all military families here!
Kimberly

·
Registered
226 Posts
Lots of family were in the military in my family. Now, my 25 yr old son is in training in MS and will be leaving for Iraq in August. I will be going down to spend a week with him on the 23rd.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well let's see, My Grandpa WWII-Army, My Dad AF(like 4 years), My Mom Army(8 years had to get out for medical reasons), My Step-Dad Retired Army(20 yrs),
my DH Army Reserves-served 18 months in Mosul, Iraq, talks about going back. I think that he plans to stick it out and stay in till he can retire, he's been in 5 years this year.
I also have several cousins and other relatives that have served our country.
Blessings,
Debi

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
My son is in the Army.
Ed

·
Registered
785 Posts
Father retired with 22 years active in Marine Corps, 10 years in the reserves, brother retired after 25 years in the Air Force.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts