Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Here I am mixing 1/3 flour 1/3 lime and 1/3 sawdust for chinking our log cabin near Moberly Lake BC.

O'Canada

Alex

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
canadas capital(might as well be outer space!)rural region. still burning wood but not as much!

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Ottawa for a while yet I guess. Brazil sounds nice though.

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
Ross, is it warming up down there yet? I hear we're in for a bit more snow here, I can see mud, lots and lots of mud :haha:

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Mud season came early here too. Wouldn't be so bad but Fall was long and muddy too. I'll bet there's mud in Brazil with that rain forest thing, maybe Argentina would be better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Central Ontario- Orillia! Definitely still burning wood, but a lot less now. Could probably get 6 days out of 1000 lbs. of kiln dried oak instead of 4 like in the dead of winter. Still lots of snow on the ground in the bush (knee deep in places), and we just got a fresh batch last night.

Hey Ross, I was up in Ottawa this week- you guys are overrun with deer! I counted 50+ just driving out of the city in the late afternoon.

Jeff Hathaway
Sciensational Sssnakes!!
www.scisnake.com

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
No kidding! You'd think the coyotes would leave livestock alone with choice venison cuts to choose from, but we're in one of the highest preditor kill areas of Ontario. There have been open out of season deer hunting in defiance on MNR licencing around here. The MNR officers keep their distance. Millions of dollars in crop damage and likely as much in collisions with cars. Makes you wonder if someone is not responcible for the deaths and injury with the mismanagment.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
What does Canuck mean ? :)

Does it mean Canadian ?

Do you have to live in Canada, or be born their to be one ?

Does being a Half-bread count ?
I am half Canadian, by blood, born in America.

Just wondered ? :confused:

My mother was born and raised on
Prince Edward Island, Summerside, Canada.

She left their when She was about 18 and married my Dad.
She died at 69 and never became an American citizen.

I have many cousins in Canada.
Montreal, Quebec, Ontario,
Summerside, Prince Edward Island,
and other places, just don't know where they are all at.

My wife and I made a trip to Prince Edward Island, Summerside, Canada,
last fall, and ate Lobster ( Love Lobster ) we bought on the wharf in town.

We made a visit to some family members who still live their.
We had a wounderful time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another Albertan here, although the ancestors did start out in Ontario. I am going there - to Nepean - Ottawa next month with an elderly aunt who would like to look at graveyards! Me, I'll check out the livestock sales and old stores.

And Bumpus, I am more than willing to consider you a canuck. I do hope to get to the maritimes one day, I have been reading their agricultural magazine "Rural Delivery" for twelve years and would love to meet some of the people.

Now one more piece of wood on the fire to dry out my gum boots and then back to those darn taxes!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts