Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mounted a new scope on my rifle yesterday and I had to adjust the scope somewhere around 40-45 clicks left to get it on target. Elevation took less than 10 but it was a doozy getting the windage moved over. I can't recall ever having to move a scope that far before and am curious, how many "clicks" are there before you run out of room/threads?

30-06 dialed in dead on at 50yds shooting factory Federal w/150gr bullets- Anyone got a trajectory curve for that?

Thanks,
David

·
swamper
1,040 Posts
Could be the scope is not aligned perfectly with the barrel and needs either lapping or shimming. If it was boresighted then I would be really concerned, but if it wasn't, then anyone could have run the turret wheels in any direction. Or your barrel is bent.

·
In memoriam
79,016 Posts
[ame]http://www.google.com/search?complete=1&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=federal+3006+ballistics&spell=1[/ame]

30-06 dialed in dead on at 50yds shooting factory Federal w/150gr bullets- Anyone got a trajectory curve for that?

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Did you lay the scope in the bottom mounts and rotate it to see if the crosshairs were centered before you tighened it in? If you did and the crosshairs were centered, then it should've been shimmed..:cowboy:

·
Hired Hand
1,670 Posts
Did you lay the scope in the bottom mounts and rotate it to see if the crosshairs were centered before you tighened it in? If you did and the crosshairs were centered, then it should've been shimmed..:cowboy:

Thanks poorboy. I put a new side scope mount on my Mossberg 46B .22lr last night. I was so excited to get the scope on the gun that I forgot to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts