Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread on the family with 17 kids made me wonder about the famliy size of members here.

We have two children ages 13 and 1 plus four foster children ages 11, 7, 6,and 2, at the moment in process of adopting two of our foster children.

How many children do you all have?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Congratulations, Traci Ann!

I have a 19 yo and an 8 1/2 yo. Basically 2 only children. God knew that with ADD, that's all I could handle well.

·
Registered
713 Posts
DD10 and DS6, plus one w/ the Lord. Hoping and praying for more, as I always wanted a large family, but no luck in 6 years and DH doesn't think we could adopt, so for now I am accepting the Lord's will (He knows better than I!) and enjoying the two that I am so blessed to have.

Rachael

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Two birth children, 23 and 22. Eight adopted ages 19, 18, 17, 15, 14, 13, and 7yo twins. The four oldest have all moved out, so we have 6 left at home. Mom still likes to get'em all together about once a week and feed'em.

G

·
At one time we had 7 foster and adoptive kids. That's how we knew our "magic numbmer" is four! :p We now have four adopted kids and sometimes do respite for very select families and kids.

·
Premium Member
5,211 Posts
six kiddos... the youngest being a month and the oldest is 9

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
First I want to commend all the adoptive parents & those who foster. God has a special place for you all, I just know. As well as those who have lost children. I cannot imagine the pain.

I have 3-all grown & beautiful people: 2 sons have 3 beautiful kids each, daughter has no children.

Patty

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can we take this a couple steps further? How many grandchildren and Great grandchildren? Of those who have adopted did you do international, foster care, agency or private? by private I mean you connected with your childs birth family with out help of agency or outside professional resource?

Our 13 year old was adopted thru the foster system. He came to us at the age of 8. Our just turned 1 year old was adopted by way of adoption agency.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.