HOw long does it take?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by cayenne47, Dec 3, 2006.

1. cayenne47

cayenne47 Critter Mama Supporter

I know this has probably been discussed somewhere here, but for the life of me i can't find it. How long does it take for goats to have sex??? :shrug:
    We have tails flagging everywhere (lil hussies :rolleyes: ) and our 5 month old buck is trying his best(and in boy goat heaven, lol). How long does it take them to 'do the deed'?

2. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

The "deed" itself just takes about as long as it takes to blink an eye or really about 4-5 seconds tops. But some like to court a little longer. I have Tom who is on a hormone rage at all times. He can breed a doe about 4 times in 15 minutes. Then there is Hal who takes FOREVER!! I'm lucky for him to breed a doe twice in 15 minutes. But once you see em get up on the doe they will ya know...... move their butts and the doe should skrunch up her back and that's a pretty good way to tell that it got done in full. HAHA!! I don' tthat that really helped but I tried! HAAH!

3. moonspinner

moonspinner Well-Known Member

I have some boys that jump a goat and complete the job in seconds, while others romance their girls forever while I'm waiting. Some bucks will have several tries before actually ejaculating. I always look for the rearing up as they push into the doe and the doe in response doing the scrunchy bunch.

4. topside1

topside1 Retired Coastie Supporter

Moonspinner is right, seconds is all it takes. If he doesn't hunch and then she doesn't hunch then nothing is happening except practice. Good luck with a buck that young...Tennessee John

5. mare

mare Well-Known Member Supporter

lol. whats that saying if your going thru a small town "if ya blink you'll miss it", fits goat sex!!!!