How long do i have to wait

Discussion in 'Goats' started by TSYORK, Nov 27, 2006.

1. TSYORK

TSYORK Jhn Boy ina D Trump world

I took my does yesterday to a boer producer to be bred. He's going to keep my does for about six weeks to ensure breeding. How long to I have to wait before I can send a blood sample to biotracking.com to ensure they are truly bred?

2. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Is he running your does with the buck? I would be picking my does up at 22 days. At 21 days in with the buck they will be bred, plus remember they are already bred from that first due date :) Biotracking can tell you if they are bred as early as 28 days. Did you read the info on tail bleeding a cow, no reason this would not work on a goat. Same anatomy back there. At the very least go pull blood on your does even if they are over there when they are 28 days from that last breeding you did, then you will know if they are wasting your new friends time and your money being with his buck if they are already bred. vicki

3. TSYORK

He charged me 30 dollars, and that was for as long as they wanted to stay. They silent heaters, so I don't know when they cycled last, or when they will come into heat again. He suggested leaving them there six weeks, in case they didn't get bred the first go round.

Your thoughts?

4. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Let him feed, I would at least go visit after they have been there a couple of weeks. I am an eternal pessimist though! Do keep your first due dates on your calander and the date of today also...so expect kids 5 months from when you tried to breed them and April 27th and 6 weeks from there, so you at least have a clue as to when you likely will have kids. Vicki

5. TSYORK

The hard part is I don't know when they're heating, even if they are, so it's going to be difficult to pinpoint kids. I guess the closest i could get would be a 21 day window.