Homesteading Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
10,088 Posts
I have lost 9 lbs over the past 3 weeks and husband has lost 3. We are just cutting down portions and not eating any sweets. Lots of fruits, veggies and grains. And he does like his meat so that has not changed except in quantity which has been greatly reduced. Summer is always an easier time for losing weight. At least for me.

·
Registered
30,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I'm maintaining, but at least I'm not gaining. I did something to my knee 3 weeks ago, and thought I could "tough it out", I couldn't. I now have a stabilization brace and can walk up to a mile.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
When I went into the Army in 1975 I weighted 148 pounds. When I came home from Basic Training I weighted 180 pounds. I weight 180 pounds today. I have a see food diet, when I see food I eat it. As soon as I am full I stop eating. Small portions, of the right food will not make you fat. It is more about self control, than what you eat.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I use an app to weigh in daily and chart progress, it helps keep me on track.
Slowly but surely things are starting to happen.
I've started riding my bike daily, increasing the distance.
I'm getting closer and closer to losing a total of 10 pounds, but does it gets harder to lose them the older ya get?

·
Registered
30,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I use an app to weigh in daily and chart progress, it helps keep me on track.
Slowly but surely things are starting to happen.
I've started riding my bike daily, increasing the distance.
I'm getting closer and closer to losing a total of 10 pounds, but does it gets harder to lose them the older ya get?
Good job. I hurt my knee about a month ago and it's steadily gotten worse, and I've gained back 3 lbs. I'm going to an ortho shortly to have it looked at and I hope I'll be walking again soon.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Good job. I hurt my knee about a month ago and it's steadily gotten worse, and I've gained back 3 lbs. I'm going to an ortho shortly to have it looked at and I hope I'll be walking again soon.
I hope it's nothing serious and heals quickly!

·
Registered
30,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thank you. I'm not sure what's going on yet. I couldn't get an appointment with an orthopedic until next Thursday. My fingers are crossed it's nothing serious.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Thank you. I'm not sure what's going on yet. I couldn't get an appointment with an orthopedic until next Thursday. My fingers are crossed it's nothing serious.
Fingers crossed for you, too. I'm glad for you that you are finally going to get in for that appointment.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts