how do you open your well casing?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by kidsngarden, Sep 10, 2006.

1. kidsngarden

kidsngarden Well-Known Member

We are trying to chorinate our well -

On top of the casing there is a pvc cap that is about 3 inches in diameter. My husband started to take it off and it squirted water everywhere. so he quickly put it back on. Now the cap is crooked and leaking.

HELP!!!!

kids

2. ovendoctor

ovendoctor north of the lift bridge

can u post some pictures of your set up :shrug:
    we need to know wat kind of system u have to help you out

3. kidsngarden

kidsngarden Well-Known Member

Ok, I think we have it figured out. We didn't depressurize the system first. But also, it's the wrong opening!

I will post pics if we have more problems.

Thanks,
    kids

4. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............There should be a union where the pipe makes a 90 degree turn into the 1 inch pvc line that goes into the pressure tank! Take that union apart then you can Literally pull the pipe and pump out of the 4 inch pvc casing . You will have presure on the line coming into the pressure tank from the well and until ALL the pressure is released from the tank it will backflow out of the union . There will also(or there should be) be a Check valve screwed onto the end of the first joint of PVC coming from the well motor that keeps the pressure from the pressure tank from backflowing into the well bore . fordy... :)

5. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm familiar with a round cap on top of the casing, and it has a little plug in it - typical 4-sided pipe plug. You turn out the plug, and pour down the chlorine. This cap is held on with 4 bolts, and squishes rubber to make the cap of the well. But I have iron casing, your plastic might be dofferent.

--->Paul