• only when it's in a Jamocha shake!

• coffee? ewww. Now let's talk TEA!

• other

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about how the people here like their coffee. No special reason, just curious. Well...I suppose there is a reason. I'm always bewildered at the number of requests we get for different types of coffee when we offer coffee at a gathering.

around here, it's only me that drinks the evil brew :) Hot or iced...but ALWAYS strong and black. Artificer loves the smell of it, but HATES the taste...he'll only agree to it being in a jamocha shake...THEN he likes it because "it's got enough sugar and chocolate in it!"

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I only drink coffee in the winter mostly - because I stay freezing and it's so nice & hot. :)

But mine is mostly alot of sugar & cream with a little coffee on the side (as DH reminds me). ha ha

~Ashley

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
VERY strong and a bit of milk. I am the only one who can drink my coffee...too strong for everyone else. I use Maxwell house or Folgers...whatever is on sale and scoop away!

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Strong and black here too...and it had better be HOT. I only pour about 1/4 cup at a time because I only like it hot.

However, I'm taking a break from the stuff for a while because I was enjoying it way too much and was starting to need it. I won't allow myself to get addicted to it, so I'm off of it for a while.

·
Learning everyday
1,960 Posts
I like mine with a splash of milk and a couple of teaspoons of sugar. I can drink it without milk but I like when the milk cools it off and I can drink it in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I voted for Latte because that's what I really like but I don't get them but once a month maybe. My favorite is a decaf toffeenut latte but at home I just add a little cream and stevia to my favorite brew (usually costa rica blend) I like something strong that I can taste even with the cream.

·
Registered Doofus
362 Posts
Can't stand it; the smell of brewing coffee makes me somewhat nauseous. I'll have my diet Dew, thank you kindly.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
Hot and black like my women :confused::whistle: :lookout:Oh wait my wife is white. Well just Hot and Black.

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Back when I was allowed to have it, it had to be strong and black.:coffee: I was the only one that could drink coffee I made as it looked similar to something that had been scooped out the bottom of a mud puddle. The few times I had to use instant coffee it could nearly be eaten with a spoon, but alas I am no longer allowed the good stuff and that decaf stuff isn't the same.:Bawling:

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I like a muddy thick, mini cup of well made Turkish coffee.

Won't make any coffee in my house unless it is fresh ground. Would rather French press it except my DS keeps breaking them. *sniff sniff* otherwise I settle for old school percolated. Drip brewing those ick freeze dried crystals is too gross for me.

BUT

If I get stuck drinking ick from a convenience store it has to be about half coffee and half sugar/flavored creamer because I couldn't get it down any other way.

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Won't make any coffee in my house unless it is fresh ground. Would rather French press it except my DS keeps breaking them. *sniff sniff* otherwise I settle for old school percolated. Drip brewing those ick freeze dried crystals is too gross for me.
I'm a percolator gal too. My friends think I'm weird. I AM weird, but I don't think the percolated coffee has anything to do with it.

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
Hot, very strong and black! :coffee: :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
We like ours with creamer (powdered) & sugar...on special mornings, when we can sit down together and have a nice breakfast, I add a dash of cardamom :coffee:

·
Registered
319 Posts
i love it strong and darkly roasted. if i have the time to enjoy it, i'll drink it black and hot. if i have only a few minutes to drink it down, i'll add some cream or milk and a bit of sugar. in the summer, i'll brew a few days' worth and let it cool on the counter, and drink it cool by the glass.

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
DH doesn't drink it all, but he does make it for me when he wakes up:) He puts just a pinch of cinnamon with the grounds too. Yum.
I like it with cream and sugar and if I could find a percolator..oh boy!
Though it is MUCH stronger with a percolator.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Where's the choice for "all of the above"?

I like it hot. I'll drink it cold. Sweetened, unsweetened, black, light, whatever.

I'll take it in red-eye gravy and I also make a cake that uses a cup of strong black coffee for the liquid.

I really like coffee! Been drinking it since I was old enough to hold a cup.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts