how do you gain waight fast?

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Rose N'Gideon, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Rose N'Gideon

Rose N'Gideon Well-Known Member

hi I'm trying to gain weight fast, I only weigh about 98-100 lbs I look..skiny...to skiny, how do you gain weight with out looking bad? I see all this stuff on how to lose weight but how do you gain weight? please help! :help:
    (hope this a bad place to post this )

2. Esche

Esche Member

Hi there! I often visit a women's weight training website that also has some pretty good nutrition information. Here's the link for gaining weight healthily: http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=59

If you have the time or interest, go through the rest of the site too...it's very informative dispells a lot of myths about women's weight training!

Esche

3. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

Oh I know how you feel. Through high school and through my young 20's I only weighed about 98 pounds and I am 5'5". Now I'm 135. I gained all my weight by having babies. :p I kept on between 5 and 10 pounds with each child.
    My mom use to tell me to enjoy it because it would all change after I turned 35 and she was right. LOL

Esche is right. Weight training is an excellent way to put on weight and build shape at the same time. I use to life weights all the time. I still enjoy it a lot. The trick to gaining weight is to take in more calories than you're burning off. If you have a fast metabolism you may have to take in A LOT more calories. Be sure if you do start weight training to build bulk that you're careful to take in more protein and take vitamins to keep your health up.

Good luck!

4. Fujiko

Fujiko Well-Known Member

Heh, yeah 6e, the only way I've ever been able to put on weight is to get pregnant. LOL, works like a charm.

5. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I remember in my Victorian health book (minus the arsenic eating lol, they were on the money about some things) they said to eat an egg with every meal. The yolk has alot of fat in it.

Honestly carbs pack on alot pretty fast if you needed to gain weight more. That's why I'm so big and beautiful now :D LOL!

Kat

6. Rose N'Gideon

no thanks :help: (I don't wan't to have kids :) )

7. chris30523

chris30523 Well-Known Member

Hit middle age. :) Honestly I was quite skinny for years.I had two children and didn't gain weight.I got a job sitting at a desk and turned 35 and in the last 10 years I put on 35 lbs.If you eat well and exercise (weight training is good) you body will find it's healthiest weight.

8. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

join ww - or some other diet program - I keep trying to lose. ... just stuck in the mess and I gain...

9. fishhead

fishhead Well-Known Member Supporter

To gain muscle mass I lift weights, to gain fat I eat ice cream or drink alcohol. I used to be able to eat a quart of ice cream after supper and not gain weight but not any more. Those days are gone no matter how hard I work out to raise my metabolism.

10. GREENCOUNTYPETE

GREENCOUNTYPETE Moderator Staff Member

ice cream the best of fat and carbs
    this is what they told grandma to eat to put on weight afer being sick she was down to 80 a few times.

but why bother trying eat what you want tust me if you eat regualar meals it is unlikly that you are truly to skinny from a health stand point

so unless your doctor told you to pick up wieght you probably shouldn't

the other thing i have heard of is slim fast yes i know you say it is to loose weight , yes but only if you replace 2 hole meals a day with it
    add 2 cans a day to what you eat and you have eaten 5 meals a day

but not a problem i have had i am now down to 270 and hoping to get down to 225

11. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

I was skinny when I was younger :)

12. Rose N'Gideon

13. gypsymama

gypsymama Well-Known Member

Weight training not only puts on muscles mass it helps strengthen your bones, which will be a benefit to you as you age.

Also, have your thyroid checked to make sure it is not malfunctioning. some of the symtoms of over active thyroid are weight loss and restlessness.

And last, but not least, it may just be this is who you are right now. :)

14. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

Gravy smoothies?

15. FeralFemale

FeralFemale Bitter Clinger

Sorry..this reminded me of a Simpson's episode when Homer was trying to gain weight.

16. palani

palani Well-Known Member

Hope you don't take this wrong but you might check for intestinal worms and parasites.

I remember a few years ago a diet pill came out that was supposed to work like a charm. Then found each pill have roundworm larvae.

17. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Are you recovering from an illness or are you trying to change a body you've been accustomed to all your life? Just a curious thing to want to do. I wouldn't haul off and do something dramatic like that without a good reason, like a medical one.

Nevertheless, I lost 15 pounds once due to illness (and I was already naturally thin to begin with) and I had a diet drink 3 times a day in addition to 3 full meals and pretty much anything I wanted to eat in between. Gained it back fast. The diet drink was Metra Cal (sp?) Dunno if it's still around but the other stuff is prolly the same.

18. susieM

susieM Well-Known Member

Come to France...just looking at the bakeries gains you weight!

19. England

England New Member

I've struggled with being too thin most of my adult life.
    Last year, I did 2 things-
    I got rid of a major aggravation in my life and my Dr. put me on a medication called Remeron (I take one pill at bedtime and have no side effects the next morning.)

I hate taking medications, but was close to desperate.
    I just kept losing a little every month or so. I'd been checked out by my MD, and nothing found. Mind you, I was already too thin when I began losing weight!

In 8 months, I've gained 17lbs!

I'm not sure if the medication did the trick, or distancing myself from a person who kept my life in chaos. It is great to feel so good, and not be so obsessed
    with calorie intake.

One thing I do - Whatever I do eat, I add calories to it. Examples: Instead of a glass of milk, I add Carnation Instant Breakfast to the milk, and double the calories, as well as add a few vitamins. (I hate the protein drinks)
    When I eat snacks, I add cream cheese or peanut butter to it.

Best to you.

20. freegal

freegal Well-Known Member Supporter

Eat cheesecake!