How do you drink coffee and why?

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by WoodsDweller, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Yvonne's hubby

Yvonne's hubby Murphy was an optimist ;) Staff Member

I love our kurig coffee maker. It gives me choices and since I usually only drink one cup a day I don't have a lot of waste. No cream no sugar, but a healthy dose of Ryan's Irish creme gives it a nice boost. Love them Irish cows!

MoBookworm1957 likes this.
  2. Oregon1986

Oregon1986 Well-Known Member

I'm simple really, Folgers medium roast with vanilla creamer

MoBookworm1957 and Bellyman like this.

3. po boy

po boy Saltine American

Maxwell House Intense Bold in my Kurig. Don't add anything.

4. Clem

Clem Realist

My favorite answer to "how do you like your coffee?" was about 10 years ago, a young fellow who owed me some money had the option to work it off, so he came by the house mid-morning, middle of February, and helped me plant onions. I drink coffee all day, every day, so when I went in to get another cup, I asked him.

"I like my coffee just like I like my women......cold and bitter"

5. Bellyman

Bellyman Well-Known Member

Fulltime RVer looking for a Tennessee homestead
    Sounds about like me.

When I started drinking it, it was in a little restaurant that we frequented for breakfast. And since I liked their coffee, I asked what it was. Folgers Classic Roast, I think they said. Have pretty much stuck with Folgers every since. Mostly, we use the HalfCaff, though, as neither of us really want as much caffeine. And we have a small container of decaf for when we want a cup in the evenings, which isn't too often, so it lasts a good while.

Have been tempted to go the Keurig route a couple of times. I've had some good coffee from those. But what can I say, I'm cheap. The Folgers in the $20 Mr. Coffee works out to under $0.10 a mug, which is actually almost 2 cups in true measurement. The actual coffee, I think is somewhere between $0.06 and $0.07 for the actual coffee. The rest is cream and a few drops of vanilla/stevia in there for just a hint of something special.

6. alida

alida Well-Known Member Supporter

I was given a Keurig for Christmas one year and I really do like it. Mine came with a reusable k-cup filter so I don't have to spend the 69 cents each pod costs where I live. I always drink mine black and I love a dark roast. If I have coffee in a restaurant and it's just okay I will add a tsp of cream to smooth it out.
    I generally have one cup a day, in the morning.

7. Hiro

Hiro Well-Known Member

I have one to two cups in the morning with cream and that is it. More than that and I get jittery and even more honery than usual, as hard as that is to believe. My wife and 17 year old daughter are coffee fiends. I don't even want to think what a mess I would be in if I drank as much as they do.

Costco, Kirkland brand coffee is makes their prolific habit financially feasible. And it is wonderful coffee.

We have a Keurig somewhere gathering dust. The primary is some Cuisanart thing with a tank that holds the brewed coffee and keeps it hot. The downside to my family is the tank isn't big enough.....

8. Teej

Teej Well-Known Member

Automatic drip. Either Folgers or Maxwell House. Hot and black. Percolated is better but I'm too impatient to get my fix in the morning to wait for it.

9. Back2Basix

Back2Basix Well-Known Member

I prefer it like my women, dark and strong

No cream, no sugar, and don't care if it's instant, Kurig, perc, drip, gas station, etc.

I go through about a pot a day

10. PlayingInDirt

PlayingInDirt Well-Known Member

We do a French press with the Italian lavazza brand coffee, half and half, no sugar.

I really want an automatic pot but the quality of the French press is very vey good.

11. oldasrocks

oldasrocks Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a way to use an IV and inject a couple cups before I try to get out of bed.

12. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 Member

I prefer a percolator, but since I'm always in a hurry for coffee, I use a drip coffeemaker.
    I found a nice brand of coffee a few years ago...Santo Domingo. I drink my coffee black and this brand doesn't get bitter as it sits in the pot for a couple of hours. Stronger, but not bitter.

13. GTX63

GTX63 Well-Known Member

Wife is a two cup dark roast in the morning and then she can function coffee drinker.
    I am up at 4 a.m. ready to go and don't touch the stuff. If the sun would come up any sooner I could be done with my day and in bed by dinner. Maybe I need coffee for after work....

14. krackin

krackin Well-Known Member

15. oldasrocks

oldasrocks Well-Known Member

Four cups of strong black coffee before I can think in the morning. Looking for a way to IV it straight in.

16. mnn2501

mnn2501 Dallas

I don't, can't stand the taste. I've had about 4 cups in my 61 years on this planet. On those 4 cups I had to cool it down and add tons of sugar which tells me I really wanted a Coke.

17. Bellyman

Bellyman Well-Known Member

Fulltime RVer looking for a Tennessee homestead
    I used to think the same thing... for about 50 years. And then, in a moment of greed (when the coffee was free with breakfast and the juice was an extra $2), I discovered that I like it. I like it with lots of cream (I use heavy whipping cream) and a little stevia and vanilla and/or chocolate extract. (I'd love to be using Baileys of one variety or another but I can't have the sugar.)

I did find out that I don't like all brands as well as others. I typically like Folgers where I know a lot of others don't care for it as much. I also don't typically make it strong enough to float an egg, as my dad likes to say.