Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling the used 4x4 that I bought this summer. How do I find the value online?

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
ebay can be a good place, but remember that your truck might not sell well in NYC, but it might bring a fortune out in a rural area like ours.

·
Premium Member
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. It looks like even fair condition is worth about $500 more than I have into it even after spending $500 on new tires.

·
Premium Member
15,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True and it depends on location and time of year. Those should be in my favor since winter is coming.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I will second that it is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay..

The Internet and Cash For Clunkers has messed up the used truck market.

There is no way that a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado with 100,000 miles is worth $12,000 in poor condition and $18,000 in good condition with less than 100,000 miles.

I looked at a 2011 Silverado and they wanted $28,000 for it with 36,000 miles on it, and you can buy a brand new 2014 with no miles on it for $38,000.00

Unfortunately the used car sales people have joined together to form a monopoly and they think that they can charge anything that they want.

The truth is that most people do not have the money to pay CASH, and so they have to get a loan and make payments.
On a $40,000 truck - they might have 10 years of payments.
So there isn't many used trucks on the used car lot - other than leased and fleet vehicles..

This is killing the used car / truck market today!

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
We have a dealer in our area called CarMax that will give a free estimate that is good for 7 days. I have found time and time again that the offer is marginally better than a trade-in offer at a typical dealership, but still well below what I get in a private sale. It only takes 30 minutes and gives me a baseline for making my sale.

Maybe you have something similar up there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts