How do I get them to leave??

Discussion in 'Beekeeping' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Jun 1, 2004.

1. I need help! Bees have moved into the ceiling of my house. I don't want to have them killed so I am trying to think of a way to maybe annoy them enough so they will move out on their own. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank you!
    Marie

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member Supporter

Find a local beekeeper and see if (s)he will come and take them out for you.

3. I contacted 1 but he said he wasn't interested and I should kill them, which I thought was strange. Maybe I will try contacting a few more. I am in Southern California so there are the Africanized bees issues here.

4. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

What about that stuff they sell to drive bees out of honey supers? Anyone think that would work?

5. Zack

Zack Well-Known Member

I know liquid sevin will run them out but they won’t be happy when they go.
    Removal would be best if you can find someone.

6. Oregonsparkie

Oregonsparkie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't wait too long. Once they get honey in some comb you really risk a reoccurance of bees from other swarms. At the very least you would see ant, etc going to the honey/comb.

7. irishstars

irishstars Member

contact the county ag office or a state ag college. try other bee keepers. try to trap one in a jar, take to the county ag office. this way you can be sure that they are honey bees. can't tell you the number of calls we get to remove swarms, but end up being yellow jackets etc. If you're sure they're honey bees, that's got to be a bee keeper that wants them. keep us updated to what happens. Barb