Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gadabout
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine gave me 4 rabbits last night- one buck and 3 bred does. He didn't know what kind they were. These are the biggest rabbits I've ever seen! They are about 2 feet long, when sitting naturally, and weigh about 15 pounds each. They are lops (I don't know if there are different kinds of lops- none that I've had in the past are anywhere near this big!). The does are light brown with irregular white spots, concentrated near the neck and head. The buck is a darker brown, with the same spots. They are very tame, although he says he never messed with them much. Does anyone know what kind they might be?

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
a photo might help, is there a possibility they are crossed with another breed.? hard to say try looking on a rabbit web site they should have pictures to help go by.

·
Gadabout
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the capability to post photos, but I think I found out what kind they are- French Lops (males at least 10 pounds, females, at least 11). I have a 2'X4' cage, that we brought them home in. The four of them were crammed into it! I couldn't lift one end of it (and I'm not weak).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts