How do I find a brower hog feeder dealer???

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Unregistered-1427815803, May 14, 2004.

1. I called Brower this afternoon and the salesmen suggested contacting Double D Supply. All they carry are brower poultry equipment! The only place I could find that carried the 2G hog feeder was Nasco. The salesmen from Brower said it's MSRP was $114. Nasco had it priced at $245! Any suggestions? Brower does not sell direct...I asked!

Katie

2. cashcrop

cashcrop Well-Known Member

This was mine! Didn't notice I wasn't registered!

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Well-Known Member

I just toss the corn on the ground. How many pigs do you have?

4. cashcrop

George the reason I want this type of feeder is they are designed so there is less feed waste, it mostly stays dry and I don't have to worry about other things getting their feed as easily. I got a hold of Double R and the girl thought even they don't carry them they could get one for me.

It doesn't look like I will have pigs till June 10th now so, I can breathe a little easier since I'll be waiting a little while to get them little oinkers!

5. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

have you tried the feed co-ops for your feeder? or try the online search for equiptment sales?

6. cashcrop

James,

I feel like I've looked and searched everywhere!! Double R Supply & Nasco cannot beat Farmboy ag supply price wise. The Brower rep was wrong about Double R Supply! Don't know if Farmboy ag supply can beat them shipping wise though. I will see. They were actually nice enough to respond to my email which Double R couldn't be bothered! I'm going to see what kind of price I can get from Gillis ag systems....if I can get one.

I'm fortunate I have a little over 3 weeks before I need it.

Katie

7. cashcrop

I'm tickled pink!! Although, Gillis Ag lists on it's website a clearance of hog equipment it still can get it for you at a reasonable price!! I think there must have been some confusion of which model I wanted by the Brower rep since all prices quoted were close to $190 or better! Gillis quoted me a price that was higher than Farmboy supply BUT, the shipping price quoted by Farmboy Supply was 2.5 times what Gillis's was. Total cost is $211 + 25 shipping ordering it from Gillis! :dance: :D :worship:

Katie

8. BrushBuster

BrushBuster Well-Known Member

i`ve made feeders out of 55 gallon drums that work very well and the only cost is for the drum itself. my granddaddy used to have several 12 hole feeders but for just a few hogs we just used the drums. all we done was come up about 2 inches from the bottom and make a cut about 12 inches across and then a cut about 12 inches up on each side and bend the flap inwards about 6 inches. feel the drum with feed and as he eats when it gets low he`ll just bump the flap with his snoot and down comes more feed.