Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me advice on how to do this, and please, work on the simplest terms! LOL I'm a big gardening iliterate and not at all sure what I'm doing to raise these things, although I am really intrigued and interested in doing so. Where do I get the stuff to grow them, how long do they take, how many can I expect in how much room, etc.

Thanks!

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
which types?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to grow morels, but I don't think you can do that, can you? I guess the ----ake and portabellas would be nice, but I really don't know what types you can get or whether it is worth doing. I'd like to grow some for us but also to sell, if it works out.

Well, just looked at this post and the first part of the name of those mushrooms disappeared, but I'm sure you can guess the name! LOL

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
they make morel kits. i have never tried them. i think they are trying really hard to make the kits so that they only last a year or two. i have read about folks planting them in the wild and having morels for several years, but i think the companies would really like to sell more kits, so it is my opinion that they are still playing around to try to make them last only for a season. also, i think the only really dependable kits are for the white morels.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So is buying a kit profitable, and if so how does one go about doing it, where do I get them, etc?

·
Just howling at the moon
6,586 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts