How can I buy Pennicillin or other antibiotics without a prescription?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FarmerJeff, May 6, 2005.

1. FarmerJeff

FarmerJeff Well-Known Member

For bugout bag. Yes, I am aware of what abuse of antibiotics creates in terms of drug resistant strains. Just want a supply for when SHTF! Thanks.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    You can purchase such at well equiped feed stores, but remember they have a shelf life and need to be refridgerated. Terriamicin powder for bees is available in dry form, not chilled.

3. antiquestuff

antiquestuff Well-Known Member

You could always learn to raise it yourself....but I have no idea what that may involve. Knowing how to "make" it is better for the long term than stockpiling stuff that goes bad in time like this.

4. indypartridge

indypartridge Well-Known Member Supporter

Look into propolis (a bee product). It's a natural antibiotic, sometimes called "Russian Penicillon" since the Soviets used it in WWII. Unlike conventional antibiotics, it is also effective against viruses. Do a search on "antibiotic" and "propolis" and you'll find a lot of info. Here's one to get you started:
    http://www.thenutritionreporter.com/bee_stuff.html

5. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Supertonic can be made at home, and is very effective. Would be a huge pain to make from scratch without a blender ect. but it lasts for a very long time.

It is antifungal, antiviral and antibiotic. We make it.

6. FarmerJeff

What is supertonic? I am open to something like that, and I do want resources for the long run. However, I would like an antibiotic that is effective in the immediate aftermath of TEOTWAWKI, if for instance, my wife, my child or myself were wounded or ill. Is there any conventional medication that has a decent shelf life? I saw several sites on Terramycin with "Not for Human Consumption". How applicable is that in a situation where it may be all you have to save a life?

7. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

the pennicillin sold in farm stores is listed as not intended for human use as well, but it works just fine (trust me im alive arent i ?)
    and it doesnt require refrig, according to the label
    like 7 .00 for a fairly large bottle,about 300-350 doses,

8. Brandi in VA

Brandi in VA Well-Known Member

Fish meds. Fish Flex = cephalexin, Fish Mox = amoxicillin, ect.

9. southerngurl

Supertonic:

Should be started on a new moon, and drawn off on a new moon (I am not certain this is necessary, but I am told this is the best, so I do it this way. You would still get a great product even if not done by the moon)

All ingredients organic and fresh.

Equal parts finely chopped:
    Horseradish
    Garlic
    Onion
    Ginger
    Habanero peppers

Place into enough Apple cider vinegar (must be organic, raw, and unfiltered) to just cover the ingredients. This should be extracted in a glass container only.
    This will sit for 28 days (at least 14). On day five, it is a good idea to dump it all into a blender and "double blend" it. This will make it stronger. Return to container and allow to extract. On the 28th day, strain and you have supertonic. It should be shaken before use. Use a few droppersful at a time, several times per day.

The garlic is antifungal, antibacteria, antiviral, and even antiparasitic. The onion is a cousin and has some of the same properties. The habanero peppers are HOT and really increase circulation, moving the ingredients throughout the body. The ginger also increases circulation, especially in the extremeties. The horseradish opens up the sinus.

10. TnMtngirl

TnMtngirl Well-Known Member Supporter

Question for southerngirl,Can either dried or fresh habanro,horseradish be used?

11. NWSneaky

NWSneaky Well-Known Member

Web search Valley Vet then shop on line or order their free catalog. Good prices, free shipping, owned by vets.

12. southerngurl

It is optimum to use fresh for sure, but if dried is all you have, you can use it. It will still work.

13. wildwanderer

wildwanderer Momma, Goatherder etc....

I usually just tell my doctor I take extended backpacking trips, and need the large amount just in case. Most doctors have been very nice about helping me out. There are herbal choices that are available but you need to see what works for you, everybody reacts differently.
    Good luck - thea

14. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Farm and Fleet. Many wonderful things there. Some of the biologicals are powdered for longer shelf life. You just add sterile water and voila! Instant injectables!

And yeah, it may be "veterinary grade" but it works just fine on humans (and Ponies!)

Pony!

15. WindowOrMirror

WindowOrMirror ..where do YOU look? Supporter

Many Mexican pharmacies (some even legitimate) are online and you can have drugs shipped from them to you,. Parcel post.

While the do not check to see if you have a prescription, it IS illegal to have drugs sent to without a script that require one in the US.

R

16. mamajohnson

mamajohnson Knitting Rocks! Supporter

The best thing I have found is collidial silver.
    We do not go to the doc, at all,,, so we just dont use antibodies.
    It is easy to make. Works over a broad spectrim, virus and bacterial infections.
    It is what I use for ourselves, and our animals.
    That and herbs/vitamins keeps us all healthy.

17. Bruce in NE

Bruce in NE Well-Known Member

I also vote for colloidal silver. Not many bugs can survive coming into contact with it. And a simple silver generator costs about $35 or so. Long shelf life if stored in a brown bottle...

18. FarmerJeff

Keeping in mind that I mentioned an open mind earlier in this thread, could you please expand on the idea of colloidal silver? I do know what a colloid is and I have heard of colloidal silver. Can it be made off the grid in the event of an emergency? Thanks for the info! And yes, I do Google, but I would like to hear user accounts, not manufacturer accounts.

19. FarmerJeff

I realize that the powers that be have many reasons to discourage colloidal silver use, and the link below is definitely not to the highest quality web page, however, it is still not very encouraging.

Colloidal Silver Debunked

20. lilsassafrass

lilsassafrass Well-Known Member

when it says not for human use ..
    hmm , i learned long ago ... that is just to discourage folks from using it .. most antibiotics are made and bottled by the same companies that supply it for human and vet use ..
    I am lucky enough to live with in a half hour of the pbs livestock warehouse ..
    I go down about twice year to stock up on vet supplies for teh farm , during the gulf war a friend and I went down together , we both needed to get bottles of pen g ... not only was there not a bottle of pen g in teh warehouse , there were no antibiotics there to be had .. the reason? it had all been pulled from the shelves , packed up and sent to teh armed forces in teh gulf .....
    Had to settle for terramyacin powder for a feww weeks till production met demand and the shelves were restocked ....

Paula
    Hyde Park Farm