How can a mosquito land upside down?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moonwolf, Jul 11, 2005.

1. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

I can't imagine a plane landing upside down, say for example undeneath a bridge. So, you're sitting and a mosquito lands on the underside of your leg (thigh), or the underbelly of the dog? Think about that. :confused:

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

sticky feet and determination

3. foxtrapper

foxtrapper Well-Known Member Supporter

They land the same way a fly lands on the ceiling. Do a back roll with the front legs raised, hook in and land.

4. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

They have little computers strapped on their backs and use fly-by-wire-flight controls, some are using the new altra-accurate Government provided GPS to first home in on your house and then your leg.

Write your senator, demand ALL Government Agencies stop helping Mosquitoes land on our legs. Ok, on my arm, I can see them there. Enjoy the energy generated by the swinging appendage that crashes down with a million Joules of energy. Do the Lil Bustards see their life flash before their eyes as the shadow of the Great Hand spells their doom??????????? :nerd:

Difficult to generate the same energy on your leg, easy to miss and hit something else. :shrug:

5. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

I thought I had a mosquito on the back of my leg...but to my horror it was a big long black HAIR!!!! EWWWWW!! :eek: