Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been seeing a lot of posts from you the past few days- I know your family must have been going through some trials as you had asked for prayers.

Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and hope everything is working itself out.
A'sta

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been thinking about her alot lately too. I hope things are working out also.

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Melissa said:
I am doing OK. It hasn't been an easy time for me, but I guess we all have some trials and tribulations. Going to church has been very helpful and I have great friends who will stand by me through anything.
I am so glad you have your friends, church and your faith, it really seems like you haven't been yourself. I hope you know how much everyone here cares about you.
A'sta

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Me 2

·
Administrator
19,222 Posts
Melissa, please make sure you take care of yourself. Stressful situations have a way of wearing on a person physically as well as emotionall.

6,637 Posts
Melissa said:
Oh, I'm doing great physically. I am running on the treadmill and lifting weights almost every day. I figure a few more months of being mad and I will be in the best shape of my life!
LOL

I must have missed what happened. I dont need to know. I do hope things get straightened out for you though. I think of you and cale often. SOmetimes when Im working in the firewood, sometimes when IM at my sharpening business.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Melissa said:
I figure a few more months of being mad and I will be in the best shape of my life!
Well, at least you have a sense of humor about it...and that's a good thing!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Melissa said:
I figure a few more months of being mad and I will be in the best shape of my life!
An angry woman does have a certain glow.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Melissa said:
Oh, I'm doing great physically. I am running on the treadmill and lifting weights almost every day. I figure a few more months of being mad and I will be in the best shape of my life!
Hope it is a shorter period of time ! ! !

bumpus

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Melissa said:
Well I'm working on that "capacity for forgiveness" thing that is in my sig line, isn't all that easy though.

I know it is not always easy, and God knows all about the thing to.

Be careful, cause the devil loves to start a little root of bitterness, that starts out small, and can sometimes run deep into the soul.

We know that it hurts, and so does HE

We Love And Care For You ! ! !

bumpus

·
Unapologetically me
20,814 Posts
bumpus said:
I know it is not always easy, and God knows all about the thing to.

Be careful, cause the devil loves to start a little root of bitterness, that starts out small, and can sometimes run deep into the soul.

We know that it hurts, and so does HE

We Love And Care For You ! ! !

bumpus
Bumpus ol' Pard, every once in a while you say things just right. :)
I'd like to echo your words for Melissa, she's one of a kind and a special person.

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
Melissa said:
Well I'm working on that "capacity for forgiveness" thing that is in my sig line, isn't all that easy though.
just stay mad for awhile...... it does the soul good on occasion :D
all will be well and this too shall pass.
after all, life isn't static.
nor are hearts, hate or anger.
heck, love even grows.....eh?!

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
There is nothing wrong with being angry.
For the Lord says to be angry and sin not.

So it is ok to be angry as a Christian ! ! !

God Bless You Little Sister ! ! !

bumpus

·
Site Admin's Boss
481 Posts
Melissa,

You are such a dear lady! I will be glad when this season is over for you and you can look back thankful for what you have learned.

I think of you often. Especially when I'm being lazy...I'll think to myself, "Do you suppose Melissa is laying about?" The answer is always no! How could you be with all the things that you accomplish.

You are amazing.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Being mad just reminded me.....
When I was young and had two little children tearing up my house...
i would get mad at DH and clean like a crazy woman till the place was spotless.
The only problem with that was.......
The dirty house was usually what we were fighting about...

Realizing he won after all, only made me madder!!!!!

We have been married 46 years.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I used to accomplish my best work when I was upset :baby04: Seriously though, Melissa, take care of yourself. I wish I was up to running on a treadmill, that must be wonderful!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts