Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For example, if you switch the mode from web to images and then enter the item you are looking for only pictures (with minimum text) appears.

So how do you prevent the overkill when you seek a specialty item?

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
moopups said:
For example, if you switch the mode from web to images and then enter the item you are looking for only pictures (with minimum text) appears.

So how do you prevent the overkill when you seek a specialty item?
Using quotations and the minus ( - ) sign helps narrow things down considerably. Also, being a specific as you can possibly be helps too. If you give me more to go on, I can give you better suggestions.

donsgal

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
moopups said:
Can you place an example such as 'left hand skimp adjustment'?
hmmmmmmm there was nothing much that I could find for "skimp" adjustment at all - let alone a left hand one. But if you images.google.com the word skimp, the first picture might be interesting t a red-blooded American Male such as yourself.

donsgal

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Left Handed Skimp Adjustments' is a mechanics/ machinists joke about not knowing whats wrong with a particular piece of machinery, nothing more.

I was asking for a format display of a hypothetical subject in the method you described above.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
moopups said:
"Left Handed Skimp Adjustments' is a mechanics/ machinists joke about not knowing whats wrong with a particular piece of machinery, nothing more.

I was asking for a format display of a hypothetical subject in the method you described above.
ok. say I'm searching for Ford Trucks but don't want anything with the f150. You'd type in "ford truck -f150" - (notice I didn't put in the ( ) - you need those to leave out things for searching on eBay but not necessarily in Google). You get all kinds of pages, and images if you look there, and the f150 isn't mentioned except over on the right sidebar with the paid ads. Is this what you were asking for??

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basically correct, what I wish to accomplish is to not have to see the thousands of things that not relevant to what I;m looking for.

L

·
0 Posts
Some of the many ways I use google:

define:word brings up the definition of the word

Type in a Bible verse, as in John 3:16 and it brings up the text of the verse.

site:domain.com brings up results only for the specific site you are searching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts