Houston telephones

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Leslie, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Leslie

Leslie Well-Known Member

Can anyone get a call into the Houston area? I've been trying for hours. I thought the hurricane was still more than a day away.

2. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Well-Known Member

Circuits are busy. Took me forever to get a hold of my brother, and others here have reported the same problem. Sorry.

3. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

My dad is in Orange Texas my sister in Bevill Oaks outside of Beaumont. I have called several times and I get three rings then a busy signal then a recording saying " I am sorry we cannot place your call at this time. Please try again later"

4. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Well-Known Member

Orange! My brother is in Bridge City and his mother is in Orangefield. Small world, eh?

5. wildwestwoman

wildwestwoman Well-Known Member

My SIL is in Sealy. I talked to her this morning. We kept getting cut off but we were able to chat for a little while.

Suzi

6. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

yep sure is. my half brother goes to school at orangefield

7. Mid Tn Mama

Mid Tn Mama Well-Known Member Supporter

I just got through but they didn't answer. I left a message.

8. hengal

hengal Well-Known Member

It took several attempts to get a hold of my parents yesteday afternoon and lastnight as they were on the road getting out of Houston. Kept getting all circuits are busy. She was able however to call me this morning at 2:30 am.

9. trappmountain

trappmountain Well-Known Member

My sister right outside of Baytown was able to call me last night on a land line but was unable to use her cell phone. I tried to call my other sister in Baytown but was unable to get through. They were both leaving last night. My sister Joyce is heading for her son's(I still think she will be too close for my comfort) and my sister Diane is heading to Dallas to stay with her daughter. I do have my nephew's number to get ahold of Joyce and her cell phone number. But I do not Have Holly's number to get ahold of Diane. But I feel Dallas should be safe!

Keep trying everyone. It may take awhile.

10. Leslie

Leslie Well-Known Member

Still can't get through but heard from them via instant message. They are staying (in Houston):confused: Holy Cow! I sure don't get it but I pray they make it OK.