Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me identify this houseplant? It's a vine and has these flowers that look and feel like wax. Any help appreciated..

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
that is a pretty plant--you said it vines? how long do they get and are they a full plant? just wondering

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Mare, there are several kinds of hoyas, you could google it under the google 'images' heading and see how many kinds there are.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
just googled hoyas wow those are pretty and what a variety. mmmmmmmmmmm.......i think i've found another plant that i really should have....

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much! Of all the books I have none of them are for houseplants. The plant was given to my mother over 8 years ago and this is the first time that it has flowered.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
the hoya needs to be rootbound before it will send out the 'rat tail' (vine with little or no leaves) that will eventually flower. don't cut these rat tails .... ever!!

the scent of the ones I had was out of this world!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ohhhhhhh, memories!! My mother had one of those when I was a kid. I remember how pretty the flowers were and how sweet they smelled, but they also dripped a very sticky sap which didn't go over too well with my mom. Not that she'd ever discard a plant for that though, LOL! I wouldn't either.

I think she propagated it by pinching off a leaf or a twig and setting it in water to root.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts