Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The house in 3 years old ---- stick built, but with lots of log railings, etc.
It talked to us often the first year but then was relatively silent until this past week.
I suspect its the outside weather changes and the inside heat that has it making noises.
I guess it is a comforting sound but some of those LOUD cracks make me wonder if I should be worried.

Does your house talk to you?

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Sounds like your house is settling. Mine talks to me too...it's only six-months-old so it doesn't talk much. Sometimes I leave the windows open just a crack to hear the wind whistling. LOL...

·
Registered
141 Posts
My house is a hundred year old farm house and it talks. Creeks and "goes bump in the night" noises that I usually notice at night when I'm trying to fall asleep. When the wind blows really hard during the winter our old windows whistle. During a really hard freeze, the house talks a little more. Becky

·
Premium Member
18,075 Posts
When your house talks to you, don't answer back!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My house is 5 years old & it started talking before it was even half finished. After the metal roof went on, it got even louder. It starts popping as soon as the sun comes up & again as soon as the air cools in the evening. It was a little spooky at first, but I think I'd miss it now if it stopped.

·
Registered
6,977 Posts
My house talked to me. The sound I heard was powder post beeteles devouring it. It was a fairly new house. After treatment it became someone elses house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts