House for Sale in Alamosa, Co

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Carey Russ, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Carey Russ

Carey Russ Active Member

I have a small wood frame house for sale in Southern Colorado, facing the Great Sand Dunes National park -about 20 minutes away in the San Luis Valley--It is two bedrooms- off the Grid Solar powered with domestic well with water rights-Wood stove and propane heat/refrigerator/cookstove. Many animal sheds and large garage/shop/barn. about 12 miles to Alamosa. It is listed with Colorado Realty and Land in Alamosa you can go to there web site and see a picture the listing is in my name- Russ. Would be a good starter home-if not farmiliar with off the grid living-does have the phone line-Also would be a good retreat 3 hours to Denver 2 hrs Pueblo 2 and 1/2 to Santa Fe NM. Near Good Skiing Wolf Creek--Very Agricultural Community Lots of Hay Potatoes Cows Sheep Alfalfa, etc 5 acres ColoradoRealtyandLands website is www.colo-realty.com it is listed at 60,000 under the name Russ

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

I LOVE Alamosa. Beautiful area, and the best camping, mountains, etc. within an hours drive.

3. ellebeaux

ellebeaux Well-Known Member

can you post the website?

thanks,

4. nodak3

nodak3 Well-Known Member Supporter

Did you get frost last night?

5. Carey Russ

Carey Russ Active Member

I'm in Montana now- but the weather in Alamosa is hot hot and colder than cold sometimes in the same day! Don't know if they had there fist frost yet but we did where I am in Montana.

6. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

7. ajoys

ajoys Well-Known Member

Any advice for someone looking to purchase land in that general area? I see advertisements all over on the internet, Ebay, papers etc... There seems to be a lot of land for sale, with prices all over the place.

I live west of Denver right now in the foothills but I am thinking of buying some land in southern CO. I am planning on taking a trip down there to check it out but I was hoping to hear from a few people who live there or have lived there etc......

8. nodak3

nodak3 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah--it was hot here yesterday and cold last night. Local news said San Luis Valley might get frost. DD went to college there. Love the area, and for those considering moving, check this listing. Gorgeous area, with a little of everything.

9. Carey Russ

Carey Russ Active Member

You got it-sorry I'm not to good at all this computer stuff--That is my house It has five acreas, and is surrounded by a lot of open land--The house was started in 1999 and still needs some minor interior finishing work like trim. There is a fence around the five acreas and a couple of corrals, a chicken house, pig pen, horse sheds etc--In the background of that picture is the garage shop. Property taxes are about $230 a year- The land was originally purchased at an auction-each 5 acre parcel in the area with a domestic well- used to be potato farms- is worth about 11,000, anything without a well and no water rights can be about 5000 . San Luis Valley is the Biggest Mountain Valley in the World and is at about 7000 feet surrounded by Numerous 14,000 mountains--I think it used to be a lake-- It is sandy/ brushy trees grass veggies will grow but you have to water. The Water table is very high and you can dig a pond be digging 6-10 feet down- So once you get trees established they take off.