Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have to wonder why he’d agree to be interviewed by someone from MSNBC if he wasn’t prepared for tough questions.

Easy answer for him: Andraya Yearwood and Terry Miller.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Does LeBron start playing for the WNBA next week?

·
Premium Member
20,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are few examples right now because most don't allow it yet. But as soon as it is allowed there will be many.
There are some.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
A little basic science (liberals can skip this-- even if you understand it, you'll ignore it as you impose your fantasies on the rest of us)-- We all start out embryologically/physiologically as females. .

.At a certain point in early development, those with the XY genotype will start secreting higher levels of testosterone. This will, of course, start turning certain germ cell lines near the kidneys into testes, while those with the XX genotype will develop ovaries.....

Other influences of higher testosterone levels include eventually longer, thicker bones and characteristic psychological tendencies like more aggressive behavior, better hand/eye coordination & spatial relationship coordination, and better propensity to grasp mathematical concepts (Sorry Gloria Steinem, it's true-- the bell-shaped curves for the two sexes are displaced from each other, although, admittedly, the over-lap is substantial.)

That spatial recognition & hand/eye coordination thing is important in athletic endeavors, but the most important thing for this question of trans-sexuals is that muscle cells under the influence of testosterone early in development are markedly stronger than those never under the influence of higher levels....One only need look at competitive weightlifting scores for comparable weight classes to verify the statement.

The photo of the girls basketball team above should seal the argument for any honest participant in the discussion.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
A little part of me (the not so nice somewhat vindictive part of me) finds it all just a little bit entertaining watching the same group who beat the drum and exclaimed the unfairness of not having as much opportunities, resources and facilities dedicated to women/girl sports, most of whom have also been heavily championing lgbtq+ causes, especially the t portion as of late, are now finding themselves being pushed out of the very organizations and opportunities that they lobbied so heavily for by none other than those whom they championed.

Hmmm, what does one do when those you labeled as disadvantaged victims suddenly become the darlings and replace you in your diligently carved out haven?

·
Registered
742 Posts
A little basic science (liberals can skip this-- even if you understand it, you'll ignore it as you impose your fantasies on the rest of us)-- We all start out embryologically/physiologically as females. .

.At a certain point in early development, those with the XY genotype will start secreting higher levels of testosterone. This will, of course, start turning certain germ cell lines near the kidneys into testes, while those with the XX genotype will develop ovaries.....

Other influences of higher testosterone levels include eventually longer, thicker bones and characteristic psychological tendencies like more aggressive behavior, better hand/eye coordination & spatial relationship coordination, and better propensity to grasp mathematical concepts (Sorry Gloria Steinem, it's true-- the bell-shaped curves for the two sexes are displaced from each other, although, admittedly, the over-lap is substantial.)

That spatial recognition & hand/eye coordination thing is important in athletic endeavors, but the most important thing for this question of trans-sexuals is that muscle cells under the influence of testosterone early in development are markedly stronger than those never under the influence of higher levels....One only need look at competitive weightlifting scores for comparable weight classes to verify the statement.

The photo of the girls basketball team above should seal the argument for any honest participant in the discussion.
Sooo... are you saying that men are better at lots of things?

Asking for someone else.

My wife says women are better at everything, so..

·
Registered
902 Posts

"We all start out embryologically/physiologically as females" refuted by the fact that a Y or X sperm has already determined male or female prior to the embryonic stage, so no, my sons did not start out as "females", they were always destined genetically to be boys from the get go. "Appearance" due to yet undeveloped genitalia is a different biological fact than a misnomer that everyone "starts out as females". This idea is thrown around a lot these days, probably purposefully.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
^^ You miss the point-- Regardless of presence or absence of a Y chromosome, an embryo that doesn't form increased levels of testosterone at the right time will proceed to develop as if it doesn't have a Y chromosome....or-- if an XX embryo is given testosterone at the right time, it will develop anatomically as a male....Genotype is determined at conception and will remain unchanged thru life. Phenotype may be influenced by genes other than those on the X or Y chromosome, or by external environmental factors.

It's kinda like buying a car--There's the basic model and then there's the upgraded options that can be added on. For collectors, it's better to have the upgrades come from the factory than added on after delivery--and removing the upgrades after delivery is kinda silly....Don't think so concretely about my illustrative examples & descriptions.

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
After he retires from the NBA
...and after his second-retirement, from the WNBA, he’ll self-identify as an 11 year-old, and go on to a couple championships in the Cleveland-metro pee-wee basketball league.

Lebron could be dominant well into his nineties.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I guess TitleIX is done! Hooray for 'equality' (yes, this IS sarcasm)

·
Premium Member
9,204 Posts
"We all start out embryologically/physiologically as females" refuted by the fact that a Y or X sperm has already determined male or female prior to the embryonic stage, so no, my sons did not start out as "females", they were always destined genetically to be boys from the get go. "Appearance" due to yet undeveloped genitalia is a different biological fact than a misnomer that everyone "starts out as females". This idea is thrown around a lot these days, probably purposefully.
I think he is saying we start with the same foundation of matter, the same lump of building cells. The differing XX or XY forms that same basic foundation into different structures. And that early development has a memory for the rest of life, even if the XX/XY is altered later on.

I’d guess there are things that XX develops a lump into in better ways, so it is not a one sided, XY is better, deal as might be inferred from that brief comment given. I understand XX tends to do better in long endurance tests, for example.

In the end, either we have male and female divisions of sports, or we don’t. There is no point to having the divisions in sports and then let everyone play wherever they choose after all. That is foolish.

Paul

·
Registered
902 Posts
^^ You miss the point-- Regardless of presence or absence of a Y chromosome, an embryo that doesn't form increased levels of testosterone at the right time will proceed to develop as if it doesn't have a Y chromosome....or-- if an XX embryo is given testosterone at the right time, it will develop anatomically as a male....Genotype is determined at conception and will remain unchanged thru life. Phenotype may be influenced by genes other than those on the X or Y chromosome, or by external environmental factors.

It's kinda like buying a car--There's the basic model and then there's the upgraded options that can be added on. For collectors, it's better to have the upgrades come from the factory than added on after delivery--and removing the upgrades after delivery is kinda silly....Don't think so concretely about my illustrative examples & descriptions.
"looking like" a girl doesn't genetically make one a girl...

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
"looking like" a girl doesn't genetically make one a girl...
You are right. A boy looking like a girl feels like a girl but does not feel like a girl

·
Premium Member
20,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it’s kind of interesting that people who are all about the “greater good” as far as the pandemic are not all about that as far as transwomen taking female opportunity away from women. Then it’s all about the individual’s rights and a very small minorities rights and screw the majority.

·
Premium Member
20,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what would you all think is fair?
seems like allowing people to compete against those of their chromosomal sex would be fair to me.

·
Registered
33,485 Posts
I think it’s kind of interesting that people who are all about the “greater good” as far as the pandemic are not all about that as far as transwomen taking female opportunity away from women. Then it’s all about the individual’s rights and a very small minorities rights and screw the majority.
The sense I got was most are against boys acting like girls competing against real girls.

Reactions: Lisa in WA
1 - 20 of 22 Posts