Horses are good for little girls

Discussion in 'Equine' started by LisaInN.Idaho, Mar 31, 2017.

1. aoconnor1

aoconnor1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I am trying to go through other places to find a horse for her. I like going through known people, or friends of known people:) Thank you though, I might go on there and see what's available.

2. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

i often wonder how this little girl survived-- you name it--i did it, dad started showing me how to gentle and ride before i was 6 years old--noww-they are just a problem to feed. hope you find what you are searching for...

CountryMom22 and aoconnor1 like this.

3. Deborah Moses

Deborah Moses Member

Oh wow guys my daughter is 6 years old and wants a horse really badly. We are planning to get her one. I always wanted a horse, I dreamed about them, drew them, played with toy horses, but never got one until I was old enough to get a job and buy my own. Now I really want my child to have one, because I know her passion and want her to learn the responsibility of taking care of her own.

Teej likes this.
  4. GormanFarm

GormanFarm Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can check with some trainers to see if they have something semi-retired WP wise, that would probably be more bomb proof for a youngster. Often they do not advertise these guys but some of the bigger barns may have one.

5. aoconnor1

aoconnor1 Well-Known Member Supporter

GormanFarm, thank you for the post. I found a true gem, a 5 year old Palomino QH mare that is absolutely awesome. She is an old soul in a young body. She and my grand daughter fell in love at first sight. They had their first "real" lesson with the WP instructor on our area on Thursday this last week, it was truly magical. The confidence my GD has in just 3 weeks of being on her "own" horse is worth every penny I paid for the mare.

I am trying to figure out how to post some pics, can't figure it out anymore. Photobucket isn't cooperating, and flickr isn't either!

GormanFarm likes this.