Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after quietly reading for awhile on here I finally decided to try selling my "extras" at our small Farmer's Market. I am doing ok with beans, cucs, trying potatos tomorrow and a few cut flowers for dd. I am considering adding some home baked bread too. My mother in law has an abundance of horseradish and I was thinking of trying to sell it. I have no idea what to charge and the best way to market it. Was wondering if anyone had any tips, suggestions, or helpful info on selling and pricing horseradish. Thanks!

Ami

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I am not sure of your Farmer's Market rules, but I would present it to your customer's two different ways. I would sell "whole" pieces to the customer's that just like their horseradish grated and I would have some 1/2 pint jars with the ready-made product.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I appreciate your advice. We can have fresh goods, dehydrated goods but no canned goods at our market. I think I will try selling it in fresh pieces a few inches long with a printout of how to perserve it and a recipe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts