Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Hey there, trtalbott.

Around here (southern Middle TN) we see them in front of antique dealers' places, out in folks' barnyards and fields, and generally in odd places. Mostly I see horse-drawn mowers, disc harrows, springtooth harrows, plows, and planters. I doubt you'll find a very good place to buy them online-- they would be very expensive to ship. You might have good luck driving through the countryside and asking gas station attendants, antique dealers, farmers, etc.

Best of luck,
Darren

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
you may want to check out estate sales concerning farms, or you could try the newspaper the amish read,sorry i can't recall the name at the moment ,or try countyauctions they sometime have them. what about scrap yards they sometime get them in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A friend of mine has been to this auction:

www.auctions-usa.com near Topeka, Indiana.

It is regularly frequently by Amish buying & selling buggy horses (Standardbred, primarily) and farm work horses (draft & draft crosses). You might contact the sale company and ask if they handle horse-drawn equipment--they auciton equipment & the horses that pull them, so it seems logical. If not, then perhaps the auction management be able to suggest someone who could help.

Anne

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 3 pieces of equipment I'd like to sell. It is pretty old, but I don't think that it is horse drawn.

A green (some paint still showing) pull behind chisel disk

A culti-mulcher--it says on it.
The Dunham Co--Berea Ohio

an old harrow

I called a farm supply. They said the chisel disk was worth $250
The culti--mulcher----------------------------------------$100 to 200
Old harrow------------------------------------------------$100

I live in Indiana---east of Indianapolis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.