Hope I won't need a babysitter...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by QBVII, Dec 14, 2006.

1. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

Edited

I think my BIL is hanging around...... :rolleyes:

2. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

Blech. Hurray for dependency, though, right? Glad your hubby struck out on his own, though...

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Families can take all the FUN out of dysFUNction, can't they?

It's difficult, I know. My mother would never watch my children -- EVER -- but she'd take my sister's and brother's kids in a heartbeat, keep them for weeks at a time.

No, my kids are not unholy terrors, they are and always have been quite delightful (okay, there were a couple of teen years that were rough, but I'm not talking about that time). My mother just always preferred my siblings over me, and went out of her way to let me know it. Don't know what she was punishing me for, but she gave it to me and to my kids as well.

Sometimes, ya just gotta scrape your feet and move ahead. It doesn't sound like that well is not going to provide for you; no sense making yourself crazy over crazy systems and behaviors.

Can you get a sitter for that night, or can the kids go crash at a friend's house? I'm too far away to offer, but I like kids hanging around. I sort of miss it...

You have a Merry Christmas anyway, QB!

Pony!

4. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

Thank you for the comments.
    They just have no shame - none at all.
    Claiming they have to stay at home to take care of a 48-year-old "man" (if you can call him that!)
    Really.
    I'd be ashamed....! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

Aw, QB, I'd watch 'em for you! (if we could work out that whole texas-kentucky thing, lol)

6. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Can you take the kids to Grandma's house?