Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is such a thing, right? I can't seem to find any. Do any of you have them? If so, where did you buy them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have hooded carhart coveralls that I got at L&M Fleet store in Bemidji, MN. I only use them if it is below zero, though, because they are lined and get too hot to work in otherwise.

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have hooded carhart coveralls that I got at L&M Fleet store in Bemidji, MN. I only use them if it is below zero, though, because they are lined and get too hot to work in otherwise.
Is yours all one piece, or is the hood removable?

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
I don't think so (one piece)

Both of mine have the snap on hoods.

Life outdoors with out my Carharts would be mighty tough.

·
Super Moderator
9,755 Posts
i think they have one jacket that has the hoot attached the rest are snap ons

i prefer the 2 peice coat and bibs , makes for more versitle wear

some times just the coat some times the sno pant sand a hooded sweat shirt it is nice to be able to take the coat off if i am getting to warm

that and one peice always seems to be too short in the boddy or to long in the legs aome people have more leg others more torso unless you are the exact size they don't fit right by the way if you are an exact size you are few and far between and they actualy have work for you test fitting cloths that still only fit the 2%of you that are that size really i saw an add for it in the paper.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wife has one with the snap on/off hood, while mine do not have provisions for one. I have a Carhart coat that has an integral hood.

Purchased at Atwoods and have seen them at Tractor Supply.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
They do make the Active-Jac, or something like that. This is a hooded, full zip jacket.

It is different than the barn jacket with the snap on hood, which is sold seperately. I always recommend buying the snap on hood.

Carhartt also introduced a dressier version of the barn coat that did not have the snaps on the collar, I believe.

Did you check their website? Ebay?

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you have snaps on you coveralls, you can add a hood for $19.95.
carhart hoods They have the complete Carhart line.

Our local Farm & Fleet has a good selection of Carhart gear. I believe I've seen hoods there as well.

Michael

·
Registered
207 Posts
i think they have one jacket that has the hoot attached the rest are snap ons

i prefer the 2 peice coat and bibs , makes for more versitle wear

some times just the coat some times the sno pant sand a hooded sweat shirt it is nice to be able to take the coat off if i am getting to warm

that and one peice always seems to be too short in the boddy or to long in the legs aome people have more leg others more torso unless you are the exact size they don't fit right by the way if you are an exact size you are few and far between and they actualy have work for you test fitting cloths that still only fit the 2%of you that are that size really i saw an add for it in the paper.
this is what nearly everyone around here does - the coat over the lined overalls - don't bother trying to get it all in one specialized piece. if you have both pieces you are way better off. its great to be able to take that coat off in the truck, or if the weather snaps a bit warmer, take off the overalls and keep the coat, and just keep on workin' :)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Hubby prefers the two-piece coat and coveralls. He wears the coat all the time, but the coveralls only when it's bitterly cold out or when he's hunting.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
they have them. My dh has some, the hood snaps on. But to tell you the truth, since he got bib carharts, he would rather wear them with a sweatshirt and jacket. Says he can move his arms without fear of "hurting" himself.

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, I guess the answer is "no"...they don't make them with an attached hood. Sigh...

I suppose I'll either get bibs or try to find a snowsuit with an attached hood.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
I have a Carhartt snap on hood for sale if anyone's interested.

Dark brown, never used, $15.00 plus shipping.

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts