Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes...I watched a few episodes back when I had cable. Appears Mama June has been dating a child molester, who molested her own daughter. The show has thankfully been canceled. I really hope TLC is being truthful when they say they will get the children counseling.

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
I also watched in the beginning, thought they were funny and interesting. But last year when I started watching I couldn't continue, finally realized this family - from their eating habits to just the way they live in general - are pretty gross. Not sorry to see them cancelled, and feel it's better for her kids to be off TV.

Reactions: hercsmama

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Seen it a few times, out of morbid curiosity I guess. Actually, I don't think I've ever watched a show all the way through. Snippets are bad enough. I never understood what was so interesting about this poor obese child, and her fat, crude, slobby family.
Bet her no neck mama is kicking herself for halting the gravy train ride.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Yes...I watched a few episodes back when I had cable. Appears Mama June has been dating a child molester, who molested her own daughter. The show has thankfully been canceled. I really hope TLC is being truthful when they say they will get the children counseling.
I second HDRider.... thank God if the show has been cancelled. I'm so sorry to hear about a daughter being molested but I'm not surprised to learn of that.

I watched the first few minutes of a couple of episodes around last Christmas time and was literally sickened by it. There's a lot of freakish damage been done with that family and I don't understand how anyone could make a TV series about a damaged family for entertainment purposes nor how viewers could see it as entertainment.

I think the children need more than just counselling. They do need counselling but if any real good is going to be done they also all need to be separated from their corrupt mother as well as being separated from each other. Start a whole new life over as individuals in a totally different, non-corrupt environment.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
Never watched it. Saw some commercials and thought it was extremely class baiting and racist. I'm glad it's over.

Reactions: homefire2007

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
I heard the Mom said it's simply not true.
I have never watched this program. I pick up accents very easly, I'd be makeing a fool of myself eyerwhere.

·
Registered
496 Posts
For those of you that have children, would you even risk it?
If someone had even just been arrested for child molestation (not convicted), would you allow that person to be around your children?

·
Enter farm name here
1,645 Posts
If someone had even just been arrested for child molestation (not convicted), would you allow that person to be around your children?
Nope, never, no way.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Have you noticed that all the child beauty pageants mothers are big over weight and not looking very clean not even dressed nice ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have never watched this program. I pick up accents very easly, I'd be makeing a fool of myself eyerwhere.
Apparently, she has four children by four different men. And two of the men are in prison for, among other things, child molestation and sexual assault. It's a pattern with her.

CPS needs to be investigating this family, and if this is true, any underage child needs removed from that home.

I know a lot of the parents who let their kids do the pageant circuit aren't abusers. But given this woman's apparent history? I'd be terrified she had ulterior motives.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
It's hard to watch they are so awkward. Unfortunately I think relatives of theirs have moved in across the street from me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I guess I'm lucky, never saw the show, a preview, nothing. Have no idea what this is. Haven't had tv in almost 20 years.

·
Registered
665 Posts

Unfortunately nowadays, the molestation charge is one of the first to be thrown in many divorces, many times with no reason except to be vindictive.

I understand completely where you are coming from though, my wife was molested by her father, and he was charged in another case. He has never seen our children, and never will, as long as I live.

Honey Boo Boo was just another show leading to a future that is starting to look a lot like the movie Idiocracy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts