homesteading today question

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by travis91, Nov 19, 2005.

1. travis91

travis91 Formerly 4animals.

whats the history of homesteding today?when was it created and who did create it?thanks

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    This site started via Countryside & Small Stock Journal magazine as a chat group back in about 1997 or 98. There were about 200 members at the time I found this. The group was on Lusnet at first and gradually came here as more space and features were needed.

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Its of interest to note countryside wanted out of the business of running a bulletin board and searched for a capable person to provide a new online home for their users. There were several spun off boards after Countryside stepped away from managing the board and left Chuck to run the board but Chuck managed to bring a good number of them under one roof there. A lot still remain as boards here, Country side families, freedom and self reliance, even the rabbit forum and singles board were all independant Lusenet boards (and I think some maintain Lusenet boards as a back up) . We've had several software changes to get to the Vbulletin software you see today, and more than a few additional moderators to help Chuck out. Change is slow here but carefully done and with consideration for the people who use the boards here. It will never be perfect but the more people who try the more likely it will be a pleasant and useful place. There really is only one rule here and that's Be Nice.

4. Carol K

Carol K Well-Known Member

I kind of miss those Lusenet days, even though I was a reader mostly and not a big poster. I remember the battles that Ken used to have moderating! They were some fun times over there. Can you believe how big the site got from it's humble beginnings?

Carol K