Homesteading/personal pics?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Raindancer, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Raindancer

Raindancer Well-Known Member

Love looking at folks' homesteading pics! Wish there were more! Tho fairly new here (and quilty of more lurking than posting), wondering why there's not a section just for photo links/posting of homesteading photos. And it'd be even more fun to have a place or chance to post "get to know ya" personal pics, just to be able to put a face to a name! Is this permissable? If it is, post your homesteads, and for personal photos, any takers?:)

Dee

2. Raindancer

Trying this free picture linking site out ( http://imageshack.us/ ) here. Believe someone posted this link before? Easy enuff to to use. Now to see if I can post to this site! Since no one has has answered with any no-no's to posting, I'll take the first step (I think!). Me two yr's ago (a better pic) with two grandchildren at Halloween. If this works, and allowed, y'all start sending pics, too!

Dee
    [​IMG]

3. Raindancer

It worked! Once you go to that site, upload your pics from your computer file. In the next window that opens, choose area that suggests posting to forums or message boards. Highlight that link and "copy". Come here, and after writing a little message, click "review reply" button. Then "paste" (it will put in your saved image file from the link from imageshack.com/us). Easy! If there's an extra (IMG) tag, just back space and erase (you only need one (IMG) tag) and hit send! Wah-lah..cool! Send pics! :)

Dee

4. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Chuck said that picture take as much space as 1,000 pages of text, therefore we usually post links to where ever our pictures are stored.

5. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member Supporter

Mitch, you are correct, except this picture is not stored on our servers, so it doesn't matter. thanks for looking out for our best interests, though.

6. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, I can't figure out all the cut/paste/review stuff right now, but I can post a link to a pic we took a couple years ago up at the property.

http://www.geocities.com/n9viw/Property/Images/PonyLuvsNrp.JPG

The main page to the website DH set up is here

http://geocities.com/n9viw/

and that has a picture from our wedding day.

The rest of the site isn't all that grand -- Nick started it, but lost interest as everything else in our world started clamoring for attention. :rolleyes:

Wish we had some more up-to-date pics, but I guess these'll do for now. It's not like we're kids who change drastically every 6 months!

7. kabri

kabri Almst livin the good life

Hi Pony, I enjoyed looking at your property pictures! DH and I just bought 92 acres of "raw" land and can understand your enthusiasm. When do you break ground? I don't have pictures yet of ours, too many young trees makes it difficult to see the scope of the land. Thanks for sharing!

8. Raindancer

Regardless of whether the pictures are posted via a link or directly using a remote server, it would be great to see more of everyones homestead/personal pics! :)
    Nice property, Pony. Enjoyed the pics. Thanks for sharing!

Dee

9. soaring

soaring Member

Someone did start a thread like this a couple months ago. Not sure if it was here or on GC. But, a LOT of people responded with their pics, and it sure was fun putting faces to all those names!

I'll look for it, unless Chuck can find it first.

10. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Here's a link to my photos. There are pictures there about everything in my life including our farm...

www.funtigo.com/ravenlost

11. Leah IL

Leah IL momto6

Ravenlost, I so enjoyed looking at your farm. Absolutely beautiful!!

12. Bruce in NE

Bruce in NE Well-Known Member

Here's the view from the corner of my property.

[​IMG]

13. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you Leah! It's beginning to look different now with the pasture fences going up. The dogs are so confused!

14. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I keep a journal, it's got tons of pictures of our place on it. I haven't been online much lately, and have let it lapse a bit though. While I'm pointing out the link to our homestead, I'll add that we're going to be putting it up for sale shortly. Link is in my signature.

15. BeeFree

BeeFree Well-Known Member Supporter

[​IMG]

Hope this opens. I took it late this evening.

16. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

There are not a whole lot of pictures of our actual farmland in the photos on our webpage, but there are some. Mostly of our newest acreage (bought by my parents about 20 years ago), Baker's Field. That is in the pictures of the goats. The pictures of the cows provide a small glimpse at some of it.
    There is a photo of me on The Family Page...

The website is
    www.freewebs.com/journeysendjerseys