Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, fairly new here. Does anyone do a homesteading blog? I would love to read about your homestead and the trials/successes you have had. If there is a list somewhere, point me that way, if not, list 'em here.

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Zeal: not sure what a blog is but thought i would get this post bumped back to the top, cause you can bet someone here knows the answer to this question! if blog is an ongoing story i would love to read too and would make my own if i knew how!

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
I went to the computer forum, typed in "blog" in the search window, and got nothing. I always thought it would be fun to do, although I know very little about it. Could someone tell us more? Please?

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A Blog is a web log. Of course in computer speak it mophed to a weblog and then finally to a blog.

I have a couple of blogs. I have a homesteading one that I have started here: http://modernhomestead.blogspot.com

I am going to document our move to a homestead. The whole process hopefully, and talk about some of the reasoning behind it. I was hoping to read what happens on some of y'alls homesteads too.

If you have never blogged you can get a free blog at www.blogger.com If you have just been "thinking" about it, go ahead and do it. If you like writing and aren't afraid to have people talk back and forth, you can even turn on your "comments"! It is extremely easy and I just like to write... so anyways. I would love to find out if anyone has one.

And I would love for you to check mine out and feel free to comment.

·
I'm back
1,366 Posts
lol.... it's not as interrresting as Chuck's blogs... but it's me... lol...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just wanted to congratulate you all on you blogs they are all intresting. I really enjoyed the style that boren and Zealyouthguy used, they both different but intresting. Those are quite the flipflops Dawndra hehe.

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bubbba said:
I just wanted to congratulate you all on you blogs they are all intresting. I really enjoyed the style that boren and Zealyouthguy used, they both different but intresting. Those are quite the flipflops Dawndra hehe.
Thanks so much Bubba, please keep stopping by and reading! I have a whole lot of updating to do.

·
I'm back
1,366 Posts
I thought that was funny... but did you see my toilet paper? hehe

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BackwoodsIdaho said:
I post a blog as part of our ranch website. The website is www.misty-river-ranch.com and the blog is http://mistyriverranch.blogspot.com. No flames on my writing - I get enough of that at home from my english major wife :). The website is pretty basic now but will be adding things as time permits.
BWI, cool, I added to my favorites! Can't wait to read more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts