Homestead pictures up - new ones

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Homesteader, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Homesteader

Homesteader Well-Known Member

2. thefarm

thefarm Well-Known Member

Nice pictures thanks for sharing.. Your harvest of veggies looked great.. Brenda

[

3. Peg

Peg Well-Known Member

Wow! What a load of peppers, and lots of different varieties. Your soil looks like sand - very different from the clay I have here in CO. Thanks for posting the pics!

Peg

4. Homesteader

Homesteader Well-Known Member

Peg - it IS sand - literally pure sand at least 9 feet down that we know of. Like living on the beach really, but all we add is: composted manure, soil sulphur and some Osmocote (hate using the chemicals but til we get enough natural compost I had no choice). Stuff grows like crazy, with lots of water of course!

5. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

I LOVE the veggie pic, and I set it as my screen wallpaper!

6. gobug

gobug Well-Known Member Supporter

Nice Pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

I use the cattle panel for trellis's and have made an arbor and a cold frame from them, too. Is your hoop house sized so that you didn't have to cut the panels?

I use the plastic cups like you. It took a while to learn that seedling root systems grow very quickly and do better in the garden if they are not root bound. The plastic cups allow for transplanting seedlings from trays or peat pots to a larger container before the garden is ready.

Could you pass on the URL for the homesteading group?
    Thanks again.
    Gary