Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think the udder infusion stuff the vet gave us is working.

Does anyone have a homeopathic treatment for mastitis? Its only on one side of first freshener whose baby died. The teat scabbed and I was treating with iodine and it is healed however I am having alot of trouble milking that side out...spent one hour massaging and milking goopy stuff out last night...only about 1/4 c. She is eating a little but not her happy self at all....a little shaky too at times.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I would ask the vet for something else. Also give her a shot of BComplex to increase her appitite. Have you wormed yet?

You might need an infusion and also a shot of something for several days. I think the infusions are every other day (depending on what it is)

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
The vet should have put her on 2 cc Exenel for 5 days and infuse her twice a day with Today infusion for the five days.I have one doe Iam treating now and we are on our second week of infusions this takes a while to clear up.Keep massaging and the milking and infusing,use hot water compresses untill it clears up.I also use the bag balm to clear up the congested udder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 3 yr old Nubian who gives a gallon a day. She developed mastitis after delivery. Hard, swollen udder giving a small amount of milk. Very lethargic and moody. I started her on Pen G aqueous, 3cc per 50 pounds, 2x a day for 3 days and used Tomorrow infusion because it is oil based and stays in the udder longer. I kept her milked out twice a day and kept her kids on her for the entire time. It took about 3 weeks after treatment for blood and congestion to clear up, but, I can tell you that she is cleared up and heavily producing again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts