homeopathic mastitis treatment

Discussion in 'Goats' started by mpillow, Apr 16, 2004.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

I dont think the udder infusion stuff the vet gave us is working.

Does anyone have a homeopathic treatment for mastitis? Its only on one side of first freshener whose baby died. The teat scabbed and I was treating with iodine and it is healed however I am having alot of trouble milking that side out...spent one hour massaging and milking goopy stuff out last night...only about 1/4 c. She is eating a little but not her happy self at all....a little shaky too at times.

Thanks!

2. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

I would ask the vet for something else. Also give her a shot of BComplex to increase her appitite. Have you wormed yet?

You might need an infusion and also a shot of something for several days. I think the infusions are every other day (depending on what it is)

3. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

The vet should have put her on 2 cc Exenel for 5 days and infuse her twice a day with Today infusion for the five days.I have one doe Iam treating now and we are on our second week of infusions this takes a while to clear up.Keep massaging and the milking and infusing,use hot water compresses untill it clears up.I also use the bag balm to clear up the congested udder.

4. txsrose

txsrose Member

I have a 3 yr old Nubian who gives a gallon a day. She developed mastitis after delivery. Hard, swollen udder giving a small amount of milk. Very lethargic and moody. I started her on Pen G aqueous, 3cc per 50 pounds, 2x a day for 3 days and used Tomorrow infusion because it is oil based and stays in the udder longer. I kept her milked out twice a day and kept her kids on her for the entire time. It took about 3 weeks after treatment for blood and congestion to clear up, but, I can tell you that she is cleared up and heavily producing again.