Homemade is Better

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by wvmom75, Oct 4, 2004.

1. wvmom75

wvmom75 New Member

Hi there I wanted to share a belief of mine. Before I started to do more for myself I was always disappointed when I would go to the store and buy something, like clothes, or bread, or other things. The clothes never seemed to last very long and alot of times the food was not as good as it could have been or there was something wrong with it. Since I have started to do things myself making my own clothes, bread, growing veggies, Not only is it better tasting I think but it is better for me because I know what is in it, and it gives me a since of satisfaction knowing that I have done it. I had picked some of my tomatoes yesterday and was in awe at the wonder of nature and how God works. And as I took a bite of that delicious tomato it was so good to know that it was made with my help. I feel that since I do not work outside of the home that I need to contribute in other ways and doing things like that not only are things that taste good but they help out in the wallet.

Annie
    Owner of Homesteading and Family a web group for those interested in Homesteading. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomesteadingandFamily/

2. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

Right on. I feel the same way altho i have yet to really do much about those feelings. Being on disability and in chronic pain I want to learn ways to save money and improve my families life as well as give myself a feeling of accomplishment.

3. designer

designer Well-Known Member

I agree, I wish the rest of my family felt that way. My 15 year old son told me the other day that I make too much stuff. They don't appriciate the quality 'yet"

4. TEXKAT

TEXKAT Well-Known Member

I agree! Homemade seems to always be better. Homemade cards from children...fresh baked bread...fresh made salsa...hand crafted gifts...

I'm still learning how to sew...so that's next on my list.

I don't "completely" homestead, but it's a dream I'm working towards.

Anyhoo, homemade items always seem more special to me...as if you can feel the energy passed on from it to you.