This is the recipe I prefer over the store-bought hand sanitizers. With the current COVID-19 situation, appropriate cleanliness and personal hygiene is very important. This recipe makes 9 ounces.
- 7 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 30 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1 Tablespoon High Proof Vodka OR Witch Hazel Extract
- 8 Ounces Aloe Vera Gel (Use 100% Pure)
- ¼ Teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- Cobalt Blue Squirt Bottles
- Drop Essential Oils and Vitamin E Oil into a glass bowl and use a chop stick or butter knife to swirl gently to mix.
- Add the Vodka or Witch Hazel Extract to the Oil mix and swirl gently again.
- Combine this mixture with the Aloe Vera Gel and mix well.
- Transfer the sanitizer to the small squirt bottles.
- Shake well before use.
- Lavender Essential Oil is antifungal, antimicrobial, and antibacterial.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil is antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-viral.
- Aloe Vera Gel is an anti-inflammatory and soothes the skin.
- Vitamin E Oil blocks free radicals to help preserve the sanitizer and is a skin softener.
- The reason colored squirt bottles are used is to ensure the sanitizer is not directly exposed to UV light, as this breaks down its components, rendering it less effective.
- Some skin types may be allergic to some of the ingredients. If a rash occurs, discontinue use.