Homecoming Stories!

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by RachL, Apr 1, 2004.

1. RachL

RachL Member

I'm the wife of an AD soldier. My dh has been in the Army for almost 14 yrs. and we've been through many deployments. My dh is coming home from Iraq in about a month and I am sooo excited! Anyone have any homecoming stories they want to share?

**Rach**

2. Tinker

Tinker Well-Known Member Supporter

Rach, my dh spent 28 years in the AF, so we had more than our share of seperations. I don't really have any stories to relate, but just wanted to say I am excited for you! What wonderful news, and maybe you will come back in a month and tell us about his homecoming!

Tink

3. jerneeon

jerneeon Well-Known Member

I was raised in the Marine Corps. My father was sent overseas four times in the years I was growing up. Although it was always exciting when he came home, the first time was one I especially won't forget.

We never knew exactly when he would come--we just knew the month, so it was always a surprise, but when I was about six in the month before my dad returned, my mom and sister and me would play the "Daddy joke" by standing by the front door and exclaiming "DADDY!" and watch who came running. To my sister and me, it was funny. I don't exactly know what my mom thought. I did know though that we waited with anticipation for that day he stepped through the door.

Then one day I was playing in the livingroom, and I was the lucky one to first see him. Of course I exclaimed, "DADDY!" and everyone came running. I'll never forget the excitement. It still brings tears to my eyes.